Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio CZ SP 01 Clone?

Hi all, I came across this locally and originally thought it was a CZ but turns out its a Tanfoglio all steel DA/SA pistol...What interests me is that trigger profile, Id really like to try it on my stock 2 if I can find one. If anyone out there knows what this pistol model is called so I might be better informed in searching for that trigger - please let me know, it would be much appreciated!

TanfoCZclone.png

3 minutes ago, bimmer1980 said:

U mean a 75b clone.  Maybe T95 ?

Yes, my mistake.

Ive found the TA90 and TA95 that look similar...Not easy to find factory parts for these other than a couple on eBay and maybe one on this website https://www.gunpartscorp.com/cart

Edited by chaserracer

2 minutes ago, billthemarine2862 said:

Here is what the trigger on my old TZ 75 looks like. Seems to have a better profile than the stock trigger in a S2 or Lim Pro.

Is a TZ 75 an EAA or Witness pistol? (or did you mean CZ 75?)

It fits and the gun functions just fine. Mine has a little but less curve than a factory Lim Pro trigger. It is not as straight as the xtreme DA trigger but feels better to me than the factory trigger that is really too curvy in my opinion. 8f92b628e8d9fe566d14a1e68fece38b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

@billthemarine2862 Man you really came through on this - thank you very much. I think I'm gong to take a chance on one of these, The EGD extreme triggers are twice the price so I would like to see how they compare.

I agree and personally tend to put too much torque on the factory trigger right where it hooks so I want to experiment with a flatter/straight trigger again.

Thanks again!

TanfoTrigger.jpg

Edited by chaserracer

Glad to help man.

I think it is worth a shot.  The trigger fit in my match Tanfo perfectly.  The trigger in the pic you showed looks like it has even less curve than the one that came off my TZ 75.  Hopefully you found the right model at Numrich and  it works out well for you.  So long as you are careful during the install you can probably return the trigger back to Numrich if it doesn't work out to your liking.

When looking through the Numrich site I think if you search by manufacturer, and use FIE and Excam you will find a lot of the pre EAA Witness model Tanfo's like the series 88 (my TZ 75 is a series 88) and maybe even some of the TA 90 type models.

I look forward to hearing how it all turns out.  $90 for a Xtreme DA trigger is a lot of coin, especially if there is an option out there potentially for half that much.

Edited by billthemarine2862