Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
mellino19

P320 X5 Legion announced! Q5 Match SF competitor?

16 hours ago, jaep1911 said:

Thanks a lot, jrn.

As stated, you notice slide movement more when there isn't a mag in the gun. Since it pretty much goes away when there is a mag in the gun and since the slights are connected to the slide, not the frame, it doesn't make a significant difference in accuracy. 

I checked out the Legion that was on the wall at the SIG Pro Shop and was very impressed. 

The trigger was surprisingly good, and with the full length guide rod you really don't need to do anything to this gun to be competitive. I put one on back order while I was there. 

3 hours ago, alma said:

As stated, you notice slide movement more when there isn't a mag in the gun. Since it pretty much goes away when there is a mag in the gun and since the slights are connected to the slide, not the frame, it doesn't make a significant difference in accuracy. 

I was worried about accuracy because the slide was literally moving as I pulled the trigger which could definitely affect accuracy.  I’m thinking there was something wrong with the one I looked at.  I went back today to look at it again but I got distracted when I saw they got in a TTI Combat Master 2011. Went home with a much lighter wallet LOL

4 hours ago, alma said:

I checked out the Legion that was on the wall at the SIG Pro Shop and was very impressed. 

The trigger was surprisingly good, and with the full length guide rod you really don't need to do anything to this gun to be competitive. I put one on back order while I was there. 

Much different to the gray guns trigger?

I have always preferred the smoother edge profile on the GG. The OEM Sig X5 trigger has too sharp of a corner on the edges. If they addressed this and made it a much closer trigger to the GG in crispness and break then they did something amazing. 

1 hour ago, dansedgli said:

Much different to the gray guns trigger?

I had been shooting a stock X5 for a three day course so I couldn't give a good comparison other than to say it's noticeably better than factor and seems to be good enough that you don't have to get an aftermarket right away. I need to do all true side by side to see how much better the GGI would be or if any GGI parts can further improve the Legion.