Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
mellino19

P320 X5 Legion announced! Q5 Match SF competitor?

13 minutes ago, Posvar said:

I believe the R1pro is the Romeo1 Pro?

Yes. You are correct.

1 minute ago, George16 said:

Yes. You are correct.

Ha! I got something right today.

Right! Getting all the number/models confused. 

8 hours ago, Posvar said:

I believe the R1pro is the Romeo1 Pro?

Yes. R1Pro is just short-hand 

I got one Monday. Shot it for the first time today. I have shot one previously just a few rounds. I like this gun!

Like many, I just wish there were more direct mount optics NOT a delta point pro currently available.

6 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I got one Monday. Shot it for the first time today. I have shot one previously just a few rounds. I like this gun!

Like many, I just wish there were more direct mount optics NOT a delta point pro currently available.

You’d be a good one to compare it to an S2

14 hours ago, rowdyb said:

https://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-deltapoint-pro-matte-7-5-moa-delta-dot-sight.html?sscid=81k3_jpz3y

8 hours ago, jrbet83 said:

compare it to an S2

Well in weight it is much more like a SP01 Shadow. IIRC both are 42ish ounces with an empty mag.

Posted (edited)

I finally shot the Legion UPPER today and confirmed that the LCI notch does leave a stripe of debris on the lens. The difference is significant.

After 100 rounds of factory ammo (Blazer Brass). Hope you can see the stripe right above the notch. I applied a piece of tape to the lens to show how much debris there was on the lens.

I would remove what is on the lens with a piece of tape after each stage but it will be primarily a back up.

IMG_4520.jpg

IMG_4524.jpg

Edited by jaep1911

41 minutes ago, jaep1911 said:

I finally shot the Legion UPPER today and confirmed that the LCI notch does leave a stripe of debris on the lens. The difference is significant.

After 100 rounds of factory ammo (Blazer Brass). Hope you can see the stripe right above the notch. I applied a piece of tape to the lens to show how much debris there was on the lens.

I would remove what is on the lens with a piece of tape after each stage but it will be primarily a back up.

IMG_4520.jpg

IMG_4524.jpg

Can someone recall trigger setup someone here installed with GG internals and a straight trigger shoe with a ridge down the middle? 

I can't find it anywhere. I don't recall who made the trigger. 

On 8/25/2019 at 2:09 PM, jaep1911 said:

IMG_4520.jpg

IMG_4524.jpg

yea LCI is gonna be a long term problem... I opted to do a Bar-Sto barrel without a LCI....

56 minutes ago, 2011BLDR said:

yea LCI is gonna be a long term problem... I opted to do a Bar-Sto barrel without a LCI....

Agreed. I ended up with an X5 with black barrel and no LCI at all and dropped the barrel into the Legion and problem solved. 

28 minutes ago, eboadway said:

Did the Bar-Sto drop in?

My buddy is getting one for his. I think Springer sells them as semi fitted and should drop in with minimal work if any. 

18 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Agreed. I ended up with an X5 with black barrel and no LCI at all and dropped the barrel into the Legion and problem solved. 

You mean you moved the barrel from the regular X-Five to Legion's slide? I thought that the barrels are not interchangeable. I will check that out.

5 minutes ago, jaep1911 said:

You mean you moved the barrel from the regular X-Five to Legion's slide? I thought that the barrels are not interchangeable. I will check that out.

It dropped right in and functions fine with hand cycling. Haven’t shot it yet and will confirm with the powers that be that it is ok to do so. Barrels look essentially identical with the naked eye. @alma any words to confirm or disapprove?

SRO on a Springer plate mounted on a Legion doesn’t suffer from glass fouling. But if you prefer the DPP I would get a Bar-Sto barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Posvar said:

My buddy is getting one for his. I think Springer sells them as semi fitted and should drop in with minimal work if any. 

Simi fit will need some work on the hood... have a 2011 HEXTAC  for IDPA I'm doing for a friend that 

I need to finish first.. CO is a 2020 projectnfo me

I bought a Barsto from Springer, and it dropped right in and works great!

My X5 barrel dropped in my Legion, and ran fine.

1 minute ago, OPENB said:

My X5 barrel dropped in my Legion, and ran fine.

That is what I thought. I will be shooting it this week to double check mine.

Just received my Legion back from Robert at SA.  While the original trigger was satisfactory (especially for a shooter new to UsPSA) It’s significantly better now. 

Ill put a ton of rounds through it tomorrow and circle back around for some commentary. 

Based on nothing more than dryfire, I’m anticipating nothing but sexy.