Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz mag lip tuning?

John92awd

CZ mag tuning?  You must have CZ confused with the high maintenance limited and open guns.  

Have over 70k rounds through my CZ’s and magazine tuning is not part of any preventative maintenance.

3 hours ago, Jollymon32 said:

CZ mag tuning?  You must have CZ confused with the high maintenance limited and open guns.  

Have over 70k rounds through my CZ’s and magazine tuning is not part of any preventative maintenance.

You must be confused, my CZ limited gun takes no real maintenance and I've never tuned the feed lips.

4 hours ago, Jollymon32 said:

What's preventative maintenance? You mean staying on top of ammo supplies? The only time mine has stopped is when I ran out of ammo to feed it.

5 hours ago, John92awd said:

I'm not having any reliability problems yet. The lips are .015 wider than factory, this is causing the bullet to be angled upwards in a loaded magazine 

When is the last time you replaced the springs on the magazine?

6 minutes ago, slavex said:

[...] do it until the rounds can't be made to stand up between the lips. 

This.

I use an anvil/kettlebell/something heavy to place the magazine on and use mallet or reloading hammer to tap the feedlips into "spec", as mentioned above.

17 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

What's preventative maintenance? You mean staying on top of ammo supplies? The only time mine has stopped is when I ran out of ammo to feed it.

Springs need to be replaced; mag, recoil, firing pin, trigger return, etc.

5 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Probably. Mine are near 50,000 so I guess I need to get on that soon. 🙄

Probably we should be more specific than "CZ's" . Some require more care than others and a lot depends on how you use them, e.g. mags loaded full or just to 10 rounds.

1 minute ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Probably we should be more specific than "CZ's" . Some require more care than others and a lot depends on how you use them, e.g. mags loaded full or just to 10 rounds.

Shadow 2. Mags are either Mec Gar 17's with Shockbottle basepads, Mec Gar 17s with TTI basepads and Grams guts, SP-01 18's with TTI basepads and Grams guts or  SP-01 18's stock. Full at practice or 10 rounds at matches I shoot Production. 

I'm sure a little maintenance on the pistol itself wouldn't hurt. It just takes so long to do my normal spray the gun with brake cleaner, add oil and then shake/shoot off the excess. I usually only do that when the trigger gets "crunchy" in dry fire. 

On 5/24/2019 at 8:51 AM, Darqusoull13 said:

Shadow 2. Mags are either Mec Gar 17's with Shockbottle basepads, Mec Gar 17s with TTI basepads and Grams guts, SP-01 18's with TTI basepads and Grams guts or  SP-01 18's stock. Full at practice or 10 rounds at matches I shoot Production. 

I'm sure a little maintenance on the pistol itself wouldn't hurt. It just takes so long to do my normal spray the gun with brake cleaner, add oil and then shake/shoot off the excess. I usually only do that when the trigger gets "crunchy" in dry fire. 

You may be my previously undiscovered twin brother. I have a similar cleaning regimen with my guns

On 5/24/2019 at 9:07 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

Suprised you haven't broken trigger return springs well before now. Maybe there is an improved design with the shadow 2?

I believe I have broken exactly 1 trigger return spring in 11 guns and over a million rounds through them. A couple firing pin springs too. I know people break them, I've seen it happen, but man, it must be just bad luck or something?