Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

135 Blue Bullet

SWprotected

I have been working with these for a little while now for my PCC. I have been loading 3.0 Clays (Old Clays) and it works great. When I tried this load this weekend in my 1911 they were 126PF. I loaded up some to test at 3.2gr and while they worked well in my pistol I had 2 case head separation out of the PCC. Hodgdon load data showed 3.4 as max. I am looking to develop a load that works well in both guns and Clays just isn't going to work. My question is with the other powders I have on hand, W231 and TG what would you suggest.

55 minutes ago, Dwbsig said:

Either one would work but for me I would go with w-231. It would be a personal preference imo.

Yeah W231 would be mine as well with coated, just interested what others have tried.

I have shot 3.2 grains of titegroup on a 135 grain dgbullet, which is a coated bullet. In my glock 34 this made 135 power factor. I was running mixed brass with cci primers and OAL of 1.140. I now shoot 3.0 grains of titegroup on a 145 grain dgbullet for a 135 power factor and every thing else is the same. I'm also running my bullets at .356 size. 

I have a buddy running 115 grain dgbullets in his major open gun and they work great, I'm not sure of his load. He shoots out of a custom built cz sp01.

We have played with my loads in a PCC and they seem to shoot really well. They also shoot great out of my 929 revolver but the PF drops to a 128. 

Edited by Jamese35

Thanks for the information. I am going to load up some of both to try. I will be shooting them out of a 5" 1911 and 5" M&P and from what I can see these both have similar velocities with the same ammo. I would like to have just one load for PCC and pistol but if I can't find what I like then I may just have to have separate loads.

Edited by SWprotected