Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Paddle type ambi safety with Hiperfire24c

Hello PCC shooters. Looking for help in finding a larger/paddle type ambi safety that works reliably with a Hiperfire 24c. I see the Strike Industries and especially the Odin have nice configurations but do not know if they are compatible with the Hiperfire 24 c trigger system. I believe I read whatever safety tumblr is used it has to be a full round diameter like mil-spec. Any proven recommendations is appreciated, thanks.

On 5/22/2019 at 7:23 AM, vgdvc said:

Hello PCC shooters. Looking for help in finding a larger/paddle type ambi safety that works reliably with a Hiperfire 24c. I see the Strike Industries and especially the Odin have nice configurations but do not know if they are compatible with the Hiperfire 24 c trigger system. I believe I read whatever safety tumblr is used it has to be a full round diameter like mil-spec. Any proven recommendations is appreciated, thanks.

I have 2x of the Odins on MPX's w/ Hiperfire triggers and they work fantastically well. 

9 minutes ago, Acer2428 said:

I have 2x of the Odins on MPX's w/ Hiperfire triggers and they work fantastically well. 

Awesome!  My Hiperfire 24c is in a ATI carbine but doubt that should matter for function. Looks like it's a quality product that allows you to ride the thumb on the safety while shooting after the safety has been de activated am I correct?

BTW a MPX competition model is on the nearby wish list. The 24c runs good in them I'm assuming? Thanks for your input.

13 minutes ago, Acer2428 said:

I have two Gen 1's. I had to sand the pad on the back of the trigger a bit on both of them until I had clearance, but otherwise fantastic. 

I don't ride the safety, so I couldn't tell you, but it's a large paddle, which I like. 

4 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

I have two Gen 1's. I had to sand the pad on the back of the trigger a bit on both of them until I had clearance, but otherwise fantastic. 

I don't ride the safety, so I couldn't tell you, but it's a large paddle, which I like. 

Thanks for the response. I guess is there a Gen 2 now and I wonder how it differs?. Is your setup for the 45 or 90 degree position?. I'm ordering at least one to try from Optics Planet. They have a sale until the end of Memorial Day. Unit is 40 bucks plus another 10% off if you order $49 worth of goods plus free shipping.