Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Upgrade 2003-era M1 S90 3gun or sell and get new

davidwiz

I have a Benelli M1S90 that was extensively worked on in 2003 by Beven Grams.  It works great, but can't quad-load with it, and I'd want some other changes/mods that didn't exist back then.  My options:

1) send to a reputable Benelli gunsmith and have work done to it

or

2) sell and purchase a 2019-era 3gun shotgun (Benelli M2 built) or (Breda B12i factory or built).

It will depend on what you actually want (do you want an M2, or do you like the idea of the M1 just fine?), but the M1 lacks nothing competitively when comparing to the M2. If you’d like to keep it, send it to Hayes or Triangle or Roth and have them cut it for a quad load port.

Just my .02...

Unless there is something already done to the M1 or barrel configuration you just can't work with, sending a Benelli of this vintage to one of the guys above or a couple more on the list would yield a great package to be proud of. And, one that certainly would be competitive in any 3-Gun event. Staying with the M1 or M2 is certainly advised as they continue to have a very proven track record.

TC