Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone use Hornady brass to reload?

Bravo_Victor

From what i understand, their brass is a little beefier and since i have 8k piece of once fired, it’s what i use. Problem is my powder funnel sticks like CRAZY on my 650, even more with a DAA mini bullet feeder funnel and it’s only with Hornady brass. Was wondering if anyone else has the same issue. 

I used mixed brass which includes Hornady in pistol calibers. Never noticed it to be exceptionally sticky on the powder funnel. 

Wet tumbling seems to make brass stick a little more than dry tumbling, price of super clean brass.

Do you use a spray lube? You should, makes everything better.

I've loaded a lot of Hornady brass. I like it. Loaded minor/major. Used DAA and Dillon powder funnels. I wouldn't say it sticks anymore than other brass. Like others have mentioned, maybe it's a wet tumble and lack of case lube(none at all)?

Edited by B_RAD

10 hours ago, Bravo_Victor said:

Problem is my powder funnel sticks like CRAZY on my 650

I have this issue if I don't use DCL. I also wet tumble with Under Aurmor Wash n Wax and that helps put a nice waxy coat on the brass.

Does the bell on the case look the same with the hornady brass?

Edited by ManOnTarget

1 hour ago, B_RAD said:

I've loaded a lot of Hornady brass. I like it. Loaded minor/major. Used DAA and Dillon powder funnels. I wouldn't say it sticks anymore than other brass. Like others have mentioned, maybe it's a wet tumble and lack of case lube(none at all)?

I get it in bulk from a place that says its “cleaned and washed” which it appears to be. Theres a slight film of carbon residue on some of them. I wanna say they do some sort of crushed walnut type tumble bc i can find piece of that on the bottom of the bag. I applied some DCL about an hour ago and it cycles like butter in the dillon funnel now and when i installed the DAA funnel, they stuck slightly but not enough to piss me off or fatigue my arm. 

46 minutes ago, ManOnTarget said:

I have this issue if I don't use DCL. I also wet tumble with Under Aurmor Wash n Wax and that helps put a nice waxy coat on the brass.

Does the bell on the case look the same with the hornady brass?

Yeah it looks the same as any other brass.