Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

As of today, I'm leaning toward a tastefully sized logo on the front of the shirt - shirt pocket area - and the >www.brianenos.com< across the top of the back. On the front logo, I'm working with combining the "letter A" from the Ancient logo with the three character Japanese "letters" for Maku Mozo!, which as we all know means "Don't be deluded!" And maybe having the (words) Maku Mozo! on the front, under the graphic, and the translation, Don't be deluded! on the back, under the right hand side of the >www.brianenos.com<.  You know how, when you see the front side of a t-shirt and it's "incomplete," you tend to look at the back "for the rest."

be

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a pretty cool shirt design.... I don't generally wear any logo shirts when shooting (its like everybody thinks they are Nascar drivers, or something).... if you are really "sponsored" thats one thing, but why give free advertising if not?

But I'd wear a Team Ancient shirt, this site (and Brian's book) has "re-energized my shooting. I'm having fun again. Count me in!

(by the way, how old do you have to be to BE "Ancient" ?  Or is it a state of mind? )     :)

"Deluted"  What does it mean?

During the 2 years I spent in the land of the rising sun, I learned a lot of phrases like "another beer please" and "excuse me" (used on the trains mostly), or the favorite "Kumpi-umpi".  I'm not really sure what the hell the last one meant, but it sure got the crowd fired up at the kareoke bars....;)

<font size=14>Maku Mozo!!</font>

OK, I've got some cool graphics/logos coming together for the shirts. I checked the t-shirt supply site Shooter grrl posted, and it looks like they'll only do a logo on the front side of the shirt! And, they only offer white and gray. That stinks. Now I'm trying to decide if I can handle "inventorying" the required amount of shirts.

:(

be

Brian,

If it would help I'd be willing to pre-order a couple of shirts.  If some of the other forum regulars feel the same way, maybe it would lessen the burden of storage space.  It would just be ugly from the time they arrived, until you could get them shipped.....

Thanks Nik and Ron,

But I'd still have to keep a fairly large inventory on hand. Yes, I had high hopes to not "handle the product." Especially t-shirts.

No matter what I end up doing, I'm digging on the design I've got so far. So I'll probably at least make a few, for myself if nothing else... limited sizes and color combos - L and XL, maybe one color to start...

If "we" could only pick one color, what would it be?

be

BE,

Whatever you come up with... I would definitely take a couple off your hands.  I'm pretty sure most of us feel the same way.

Don't listen to Jon... we know this takes time... NEXT Sat. would be fine. ;)

Homero

sorry, I forgot about you desert dwellers.  Here in the cool, blue, nothern Rockies we are afforded so many more fashion choices.   Brian's legendary "Elmer Fudd"  hat with the ear flaps would be considered pretty stylish locally.       Last Saturday, our shoot was snowed out  

Our softball shirts have logo's on both sides.  And White is my preferred color and Grey is David's preferred color!

However, BE - I'll handle the inventory and shipping if you so desire!  I also have contacts and catalogs from "real" shirt companies from my days as a promo designer :-)

I'm in for a shirt or two as well, and can preorder if necessary.  Color doesn't matter (to me).  Preferably not white I think.  Shows dirt and sight black too easily.    The argument for light colors is valid though.  

I think you'll be able to pull in some decent money off the shirts, but it will take some volume to overcome the setup fee for the screens and stuff.  My sister is an artist and designs T-shirts for groups/events on occasion.  It may take some looking to find a screenprinter that will do what you need.   The preorder deal probably isn't a bad idea at all.  That would cover all the initial setup and shirts, and cover a small inventory for the near future.   Just some thoughts...

I'll still buy one, or two if you get me a small for the wife, think tight and use your imagination :-).

I like khaki if it is covering my butt other wise I find it over rated.  I like black for the winter months and white for the summer months.

Like the home and away jerseys of you favorite hockey team.

Thanks for the offer to pre-order everyone. But, it may not be worth the hassle of keeping track of the orders until I have product... I can cover the initial purchase.

On color - I'm totally with the light color routine, if I only go for one color (at first). (AZ) For two color choices, I'd definitely go with light/white and dark/black. I think in light colors, gray is harder to "match." White and tan work better overall. In dark, black with red white, or gold is cool...

I may do some surfin and see if I can find any comparable companies to the one Shooter grrl listed.

Shooter grrl,

Are the shirts you're speaking of from the site you listed? I can't find any info for a logo on the back...?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok all,

I really have been working hard on the graphics for the Tshirt. (Solid the last two days...) It sucks being a picky b - the more I mess with it, the harder it is to just go with something. (But it does keep getting better.) Anyway, I'm building a web page to demo the graphic choices. I still have one or two more designs to layout. I should have it done and posted by tomorrow. I'll link it to this thread, and I'll have an email link on the page so you can send me your vibe.

I think they'll be worth the wait. (Meaning I think they're gonna be "the the.")

Thanks for your patience -

be

I was thinking that I might like to see "visual patience" along the top/inside of my forearms on a long sleeve shirt...kinda like a little reminder.  :)  (Placed so they can be seen while holding the gun...noticed during LAMR)