Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taran Tactical benelli M2

TDF

Has anyone ordered one of these from TT? I placed an order 3 weeks ago, they charged my card and I got an email but I have not heard anything since then. I have left multiple viocemails, emails, and FB messages but I don't get any response at all. The website says they are busy and to give them up to 7 days to respond, that time has come and gone. My FFL has tried multiple time to get in touch with them as well.

I am about ready to try and get my money back through the credit card company. Its crazy that they have no one to answer any messages, how would you ever get any customer service.

Edited by TDF

1 hour ago, TDF said:

Has anyone ordered one of these from TT? I placed an order 3 weeks ago, they charged my card and I got an email but I have not heard anything since then. I have left multiple viocemails, emails, and FB messages but I don't get any response at all. The website says they are busy and to give them up to 7 days to respond, that time has come and gone. My FFL has tried multiple time to get in touch with them as well.

I am about ready to try and get my money back through the credit card company. Its crazy that they have no one to answer any messages, how would you ever get any customer service.

First off, welcome to the gun industry. When firearms are in demand, customer service goes down. 

I am going to guess that you won't see anything from his company for about 1 year. I have seen longer wait times. John Wick 3 just came out and people are crazy right now for Taran's overpriced firearms. 

Have you thought about a regular Benelli M2 and save a bit of money (but loose the badging)?

EDIT: Holy crap, a regular M2 is $1,299, with maybe $300 in aftermarket components you could have the same shotgun. The Taran M2 is $2,900!! Are you sure you want to pay DOUBLE??

Edited by Nevadazielmeister
More reasoning/research

the Benelli M2 3 gun model is $2500 range and it doesn't have the lightened bolt and other mods that the TT has. I don't mind paying I just cant stand the crappy service.

27 minutes ago, Nevadazielmeister said:

First off, welcome to the gun industry. When firearms are in demand, customer service goes down. 

I am going to guess that you won't see anything from his company for about 1 year. I have seen longer wait times. John Wick 3 just came out and people are crazy right now for Taran's overpriced firearms. 

Have you thought about a regular Benelli M2 and save a bit of money (but loose the badging)?

EDIT: Holy crap, a regular M2 is $1,299, with maybe $300 in aftermarket components you could have the same shotgun. The Taran M2 is $2,900!! Are you sure you want to pay DOUBLE??

I also don't really need any advice on how I spend money. I was just wandering if anyone has ordered any firearms from them recently.

1 hour ago, TDF said:

the Benelli M2 3 gun model is $2500 range and it doesn't have the lightened bolt and other mods that the TT has. I don't mind paying I just cant stand the crappy service.

I have ordered Taran's base pads, springs, followers. They get out orders in a few days, but the post office where they are is pretty poor and loses stuff right and left. However when they do TT stands up big time. The post office there lost my order, and TT called me back that afternoon because the tracking number was issued but never moved. TT because of the hassle sent me a couple extra packages of mag springs and followers for the hassle.

One problem with the shotguns, pistols is the time custom building them, plus if one of the gunsmiths get sick, goes on vacation stuff gets behind. Now they should let you know and give you some idea on delivery.

Does anyone read the fine print? This was up way before the movie even released. 

If you purchase a shotgun through us, the tentative lead time is set at 6-9 WEEKS. If you send in your own shotgun to get our gunsmithing work done, the turn around time is currently at 10-12 WEEKS. You may call us for further information - (805) 522-1911

not worth paying double for his overpriced guns.

his "john wick" pistol is literally a regular STI with two slide cuts and its selling for 4k when you can get one thats all pimped out and ready to go for half that

The same goes for the shotguns.  you could literally buy an m2 for less and get all the work done for half the cost of what hes charging.  you could buy a stroager m3k and not have to do any work to it for even less.

literally makes no sense why you would willingly spend double or more for a shotgun that will perform just as well as my stroager 3000

4 hours ago, TDF said:

I also don't really need any advice on how I spend money. I was just wandering if anyone has ordered any firearms from them recently.

The greatest fool may ask more than the wisest man can answer.

-Charles Caleb Colton

Carry on then. Good luck. 

2 hours ago, 021411 said:

Does anyone read the fine print? This was up way before the movie even released. 

If you purchase a shotgun through us, the tentative lead time is set at 6-9 WEEKS. If you send in your own shotgun to get our gunsmithing work done, the turn around time is currently at 10-12 WEEKS. You may call us for further information - (805) 522-1911

Yes I read all the "fine print". I don't care about the wait on the shotgun. My problem is no one will respond to any emails, or calls, EVER. My FFL cannot even get in touch with them.

Edited by TDF

3 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Unfortunately he is right.  The John Wick movies, as much as I love them, have overwhelmed Taran and his business.  Try to cancel your order and get a Roth Performance M2.  It will save you around $400.

Yeah, the problem is you cant get ahold of them to do anything. Like I said, I understand the wait time on the gun, I just don't understand not being able to speak with a person or get a response from an email.

3 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Unfortunately he is right.  The John Wick movies, as much as I love them, have overwhelmed Taran and his business.  Try to cancel your order and get a Roth Performance M2.  It will save you around $400.

Those are some nice looking shotguns, I really like how they do the loading ports. I may try to do that. Thanks.

Edited by TDF

1 hour ago, TDF said:

Yes I read all the "fine print". I don't care about the wait on the shotgun. My problem is no one will respond to any emails, or calls, EVER. My FFL cannot even get in touch with them.

I’m sure they were all out of the office doing the Hollywood thing the past few weeks with the upcoming, now released movie. TTI has been around and not a fly by night company. But you knew that already. 

TTI's M2 work.  I watched a sponsored RCI shooter struggle through a match with the newest RCI M2.  The struggling shooter was offered a backup TTI M2 but had to decline because of the sponsorship.  I've definitely seen my scores drastically improve because of my TTI M2.   I know that my TTI M2 has many offsprings in my area, upwards of 10.

Be patient and they will get back to you. 

Taran and TTI are a great company. I have never heard of them screwing anyone over and they always seem to go out of their way to do a little extra for their customers. I can't speak as to why they aren't answering your calls and emails, nor am I going to try, but you will get a great product which they stand behind. I hope they get this all ironed out for you.

Edited by kurtm

34 minutes ago, lilbeauxdawg said:

If you do decide to cancel take a look at Hayes Custom, he does great work on shotguns. I’ve never had an issue with mine

I commissioned Hayes to open up the loading port on my M2. Great work. It was nice being able to drive to their shop and drop it off. 

I sent a shotgun in last year in September and they called me to let me know they received my shotgun. They called me six weeks later to tell me they were waiting on extension tubes and asked if I would take a smaller extension tube and a 2 shell extension, I said yes. A week later it showed up with the tube size I had originally ordered. My experience seems to differ from yours as the comms were excellent. I had the same experience when I shipped a G34 to them to do the performance package. I would have to chalk this up to the lead up to the new movie and it just being released that they are swamped. If you think this is bad order a custom rifle from any of the top gun smiths. You'll wait over a year and comms are not good as they are busy building rifles. 

Hayes gave me the run around for months; after the appropriate wait time, they told me the gun was ready to ship, and then 5 weeks later I was told they were still waiting on extension tubes (after I called and emailed multiple times). Total wait time clearly blew through their stated delivery timelines, and overall was extremely unimpressed with the customer service. 

My TTI M2 was placed in February this year, with delivery clearly within the delivery window (about 7 weeks from order to my FFL). It's absolutely amazing, and the work/craftsmanship is really high. I previously had work done by RCI on a Versamax, and Taran's gunsmithing blows it out of the water. Sometimes they're a little hard to get a hold of, but you just have to try calling during different times of the day. They're extremely helpful over the phone, and have great customer service. 

Buy the TTI M2 if you never want to worry whether there's something better out there. There's a reason why so many top shooters use his shotgun, including Daniel Horner for a number of years. He can theoretically use any gun, and chooses to run the TTI M2. 

• 4 weeks later...

Small businesses typically are up front about delivery times. TTI certainly is as you already know it’s 6-9 weeks wait. Calling them seven days after ordering isn’t going to make it faster and if you have a change to your order send it by email, generally shop management check email once  at end of the day. 

By by the way. You started a topic on it, if you don’t want suggestions on potential alternative paths for “ how to spend your money” you might consider being smarter about it before bitching seven days after.

cause you look hypocritical pissing about a suggestion to buy and build your own then just a few posts down thanking another guy about the Roth tip.

10 hours ago, Sawdustnsteel said:

Small businesses typically are up front about delivery times. TTI certainly is as you already know it’s 6-9 weeks wait. Calling them seven days after ordering isn’t going to make it faster and if you have a change to your order send it by email, generally shop management check email once  at end of the day. 

By by the way. You started a topic on it, if you don’t want suggestions on potential alternative paths for “ how to spend your money” you might consider being smarter about it before bitching seven days after.

cause you look hypocritical pissing about a suggestion to buy and build your own then just a few posts down thanking another guy about the Roth tip.

Your a trolling moron. . You found a thread that was weeks old and just had to post your 2 cents! I didn’t ask for any advice, I asked if anyone had made a purchase from them and if they had any problems contacting them. The issue has been resolved, I don’t need any more life advice from you. 

Way to make my point a_-hole...

3 hours ago, TDF said:

Your a trolling moron. . You found a thread that was weeks old and just had to post your 2 cents! I didn’t ask for any advice, I asked if anyone had made a purchase from them and if they had any problems contacting them. The issue has been resolved, I don’t need any more life advice from you.