Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LoCap Nationals - Match/Squad Structure?

matteekay

So... I somehow got it into my head that I should shoot Revolver Nationals this year despite being a middling (at best) shooter. I'm registered and waiting for approval to squad.

I'm a little confused about the structure of the match. It looks like you can do AM/PM/AM or PM/AM/PM squads. I assume these are exactly what they sound like? Shoot until midday and stop, or start at midday and go until the end of the day, alternating between the days. Is that about right? How does that work with the last day / closing / awards (for the people that actually need to be concerned about them, haha)?

Anyone who's shot at Frostproof before - any squad preference? Or other thoughts?

Thanks, all. I shot the IRC last year but this is my first time at a USPSA Level III.

It seems people like pm am pm usually. That lets you preview the stages in the am if you arrive late the day before. And with the orientation of the bays you absolutely will shoot into the rising sun and that schedule makes it happen only once. Downfall is if you want to leave early on the last day it can be harder to find a good flight from Orlando or Tampa, depending on where home is for you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 12:20 AM, rowdyb said:

with the orientation of the bays you absolutely will shoot into the rising sun and that schedule makes it happen only once. 

Is this for real ???

Anybody else has the same experience?

am/pm/am schedule should came with discounted Disney World admission then...

there bay orientation is 90 degrees off of ideal. one set of bays off the main road gets the rising sun, the other the setting. And as it is florida there is little to block the sun over the berms. watch some nats videos from people at frostproof and ffwd to the times you can tell are directly into rising or setting sun. it happens for sure.

or talk to dudes in your town who've been. they'll let you know. it is just part and parcel of the experience.