Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

John Wick 3

I liked it. Much like the the first two. Plenty of trying to fit a story in around all the action but heavier on the action. Only thing that gets me is the bad guys. If I was henchman #41 and watched JW kill coworkers 1 thru 40 I am not sure why I'd think I got this....

16 hours ago, belus said:

At other times they were weirdly specific about the gun mentioned in the scene: a 7 round Kimber, a STI in 9mm major shooting 124gr at 1400+ fps... I rolled my eyes a lot.

Well I guess the Kimber was specific to the kill on Hotel grounds in JW 2. 

The STI: Taran Butler had to get that hollywood money so they had to specifically mention his 'combat master' with major powerfactor ammo. 

A M4 carbine with standard 55 gr 5.56mm ammo would’ve been much more effective against body armor than his STI shooting 9 major.  He had a huge gun safe, there  had to be a M4 in there some where.  

They also should’ve gone with a mag fed shotgun instead of quad-loading a tube fed shot shotgun.  

Original John Wick is still the best in the series.   #3 comes in second.  

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't read all the replies....

I like it but prefer the first 2. 

Dont get me wrong but I felt like they were reaching a bit a few times to fill the story. 

Still worth watching for sure and as I'm sure mentioned lots of action and shits to the face. Lol

On 6/6/2019 at 10:08 AM, rowdyb said:

If you wanna see a good movie about vengeance, watch Rover with Guy Pierce.

Have you seen Old Boy? That was a masterpiece of revenge film with some excellent fight scenes, including one 3-minute single take through a hallway. Have to read subtitles though.

1 hour ago, belus said:

Have you seen Old Boy? That was a masterpiece of revenge film with some excellent fight scenes, including one 3-minute single take through a hallway. Have to read subtitles though.

Since you indicate "subtitles" I suspect you are referring to the Korean made (2003) version of Oldboy.  Have you seen the English version with Josh Brolin (2013)?  How do they compare?

3 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Have you seen the English version with Josh Brolin (2013)?  How do they compare?

I haven't seen the English version, but the Korean version blew me away.

Here's your three minutes in one take:

I