Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shout out for Vortex Optics

AzShooter

I bought a Vortex Viper 6 moa red dot scope a few weeks ago.  Out of the box I could not adjust for windage or elevation so I called Vortex.  The sent me a label to send it back.  I got it back in two days.  The sent me a new unit I think.

I set up the new scope and after one session the dot would go out every once in a while.  I called Vortex and the person said they would send me a box.  Next day a new Viper arrived.  It works perfectly.

Vortex stands buy their product and their responses are exceptional.

I'm using mine on 2 Ruger Mark IVs.  One is a ultimate build of Volquartsen parts and is a home made Mamba and has the Vortex Venom 6 moa on it..  The LLV upper has it's own base, Picatiny.  On my other Mark IV I use a Burris FFIII base for the Viper again with the 6 moa..

Mark IV LLV 6 Viper.jpg

Edited by AzShooter

On 5/18/2019 at 9:16 PM, Dwbsig said:

What kind of gun and mount are you using the viper with ?

I have it on a sig p320 X5 with a springer precision adaptor plate. Been shooting it for IDPA cary optics. I would say I have in the neighborhood of 3000 rounds with it on. 

I’ve got an Open 2011 in 9major...killed 4 Vipers so far! But....the folks at Vortex haven’t batted an eye in replacing them! After the second one died they did try and trouble shoot the problem. Spoiler alert...slide mounted dots on 9Major guns just aren’t really viable. I’ve heard rumors of one or two Open shooters who are lucky, but not me. This particular gun has killed 2 Shield MRDS, 2 Cmore RTS2s, and now 4 Vipers. That’s with two different slides too. Anyway, Vortex CS has been quick and hassle free. 

Im going to switch to CO Division and Vortex will be my go to dot. 

2 hours ago, cheers623 said:

I’ve got an Open 2011 in 9major...killed 4 Vipers so far! But....the folks at Vortex haven’t batted an eye in replacing them! After the second one died they did try and trouble shoot the problem. Spoiler alert...slide mounted dots on 9Major guns just aren’t really viable. I’ve heard rumors of one or two Open shooters who are lucky, but not me. This particular gun has killed 2 Shield MRDS, 2 Cmore RTS2s, and now 4 Vipers. That’s with two different slides too. Anyway, Vortex CS has been quick and hassle free. 

Im going to switch to CO Division and Vortex will be my go to dot. 

Until I went and checked your profile I was like, “No way! A buddy of mine went through the EXACT same thing!😂

I lost the battery cap on my razor 1-6 and vortex shipped me a replacement the next day. Great customer service and I will always opt for vortex over the more high end options.