Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger vs anderson dryfire book

AF2010

Eventually I will have both, but the wife's birthdays next week so I've got to take it easy spending on myself. Order placed for Andersons.thanks for the input!

I think both are great. For me, Steve book is more about gun handling skills while bend is more match based.  Meaning Steve helped me most with classifier skills and Bens I bit more with running around stages. 

Get both. 

Get all of Ben’s and Steve’s books...Bassham too.  Here’s another fantastic resource on how talent is created...The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle.  

I ended up with Anderson's to start and although its a great book that I would recommend it doesn't really offer anything new for me that I wasn't already doing. Maybe stoegers will offer more since it was "the hopkins" drill that got me fired up to find new stuff to work on...That one continues to frustrate me

• 3 weeks later...

I like both sets of books but Steve Anderson's "Get to Work" really helped me look at the game differently. I would also recommend listening to their podcasts. I have a lot of down time in the car and this has helped me grow a lot. Steve does a good job explaining on his podcast how to really utilize the first 12 drills in his first book. He has changed the way he recommends doing the drills and I believe his new way is more efficient. I have not read Ben's new book but am going to get it soon. 

• 4 weeks later...

My recommendations 

1) breakthrough marksmanship 

2 ) reloaded dryfire skills and drills

3) reloaded live fire skills and drills

4) with winning in mind

5) inner game of tennis 

6)the talent code 

7)Anderson’s dryfire book 

They're very different books.  Both very well worth reading and putting yourself through the drills.  Use the ideas of the authors and build your own routine.  If you're more comfortable doing the books' drills to the letter, then do that.  Use matches to test the effectiveness of your routine.  Turn weaknesses into strengths.