Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ever seen this before - 22 stuck in a 9 case

Chillywig

Reloading procedure

Wet tumble no pins

size deprime on 650

Wet tumble with pins

Load on the other 650

This round took a lot of force to seat so I pulled it knowing something was wrong - I suspected a stepped case slipped thru. Its a rim fire case that some how was lodged in there good enough the deprime pin punctured it. Then powder dispensed. Mr bullet feeder dropped a 147 blue in there. And I felt the problem seating the bullet 100%

WOW!!!

Anyone ever seen this???

20190516_214936_resized_1.jpg

20190516_214638_resized_1.jpg

20190516_214442_resized_1.jpg

I have it happen twice but always got stuck on the deprime pin, never made it past the 1st stage. .22 case mouth went up on the pin. Deprime even worked for quite a while without noticing anything unusual.

gerritm

Should probably add The Judge die to your processing.  I love this die.  It catches garbage like this in dies.  It has caught 22 cases, rocks, and pieces of rubber stuck in cases.

https://immortobot.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=33_42&zenid=k1cggv3pa5qruae8ub47limuh1

Immortal Arms also sells an alarm for this die for manual presses.  Trust me, money well spent.  

4 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I use corn cob and polish and have never had that problem. Could the pins have jammed the 22 brass in the 9mm case? Thanks, Eric

Eric, I use walnut media with polish, and had several cases with rubber chunks (probably brass from a shoot house) stuck inside that tumbling did not dislodge.  The Lee decapper punched right through with no issue, but The Judge caught it!!!  It will also catch 38SC, and even 7.62x25 brass (processing 9mm) that pass by the sorting process. I process all my brass, and load, on an Ammo Bot driven 1050, so The Judge has really payed for itself to me.  No affiliation, just a happy customer. 

The inside of the case was sparkling clean and had already been deprimed. I suspect that 22 bass may have been rolling around inside another piece of cleaned brass and ultimately landed in that case in the case feeder. Since they were already sized and deprimed I didn't notice any extra force at the size station. It did not bend the de capping pin in my Lee U die