Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
minnesota1

What Bipod for 3 gun rifle?

Posted (edited)

What is a good one to have for an AR 15?  Are there ones that can just attached and detach quickly if you need or don't need one on a stage? 

Thanks.

Edited by minnesota1

i'm using the magpul bipod with a larue qd mount to a short rail section on my rifle's lower handguard and i'm liking it thus far. 

i have and like the harris s-brm 6-9".  added a pod lok handle and an adm converter to attach to a rail for easy on/off.  keep in mind that most 3 gun matches don't allow bipods unless you shoot in open division.

most any good ones will suffice if you ask me, i think the import piece would be to get a good QD like larue and go from there.

It seems like most use a harris 6-9 or 9-13 depending on what fit their body the best. 

Harris can be deployed the fastest.  For PRS, the Atlas PSR is the best, IMHO.

I've used a ckye in a match. It worked well. Quick mounting and super versatile 

Atlas with qd mount.

a Harris 6-9 or a tip top pivot pan 6-9 would be ok- get a quick detach mount if you intend to take it off and put it back on repeatedly during a match. I like the tip top pivot pan for PRS when you are on uneven ground- easier to center the bubble on your rifle.

Warne Skyline bipod with ARCA compatible head, and using an Area419 ARCALOCK rail on the bottom of my handguard. It was good enough to crush long range at the Vortex/ShootersSource match and is the same setup I'll use for the Vortex Extreme and PRS.