Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II Optic

AzNooB

Sig Romeo3Max has exactly the same mounting holes/etc as the RTS2 (no adapter needed)..  I think the Sig is slightly longer though and am not sure if the optic cut would need slight lengthening to accomodate it on the Stock II Optic

I asked Tim at BSPS.  He said R3 Max is too long to fit directly.  I once removed material to enlarge the cut with a Dremel for SRO because of its overhang.  I suppose it will be something similar to make R3 Max fit. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2020 at 11:25 AM, Dazhi said:

I asked Tim at BSPS.  He said R3 Max is too long to fit directly.  I once removed material to enlarge the cut with a Dremel for SRO because of its overhang.  I suppose it will be something similar to make R3 Max fit. 

You did a great job too! That SRO runs like a champ on that slide. Don’t even notice the cut you made with the optic on there. Almost GM with it!

Patriot Defense is making Tanfo slides cut for whatever optic you want, FYI. They are accepting pre-orders now.

I had them cut one of my Stock 2s but I don't want to cut the other one so I have a slide on pre-order

3 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Patriot Defense is making Tanfo slides cut for whatever optic you want, FYI. They are accepting pre-orders now.

I had them cut one of my Stock 2s but I don't want to cut the other one so I have a slide on pre-order

Same here. Sounds like we are still like 3-4 weeks out from getting them. They told me they would ship mine out before yours though. 😉

26 minutes ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

You did a great job too! That SRO runs like a champ on that slide. Don’t even notice the cut you made with the optic on there. Almost GM with it!

Happy to hear that!

I may have to eventually switch back to SRO because I have not found a more durable dot than the SRO. 

I did order the PD custom slide for R3 Max but I have been hearing bad stories about R3 Max.  Anecdotal breakage stories R3 Max vs. SRO is about 8 or 10:1 from my research.

Maybe I will just bring a backup gun with Venom/R3 Max for "sun-over-berm" stages in some matches to avoid the ghost dot issue with SRO.  I am coming a full circle LOL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 9:01 AM, Dazhi said:

Does anyone know where to get an RMR plate for the Stock 2 OR?  It does not come with a factory one, but hoping there is an aftermarket plate to run SRO with. 

I’m kicking this gun around in my head, and came up with the same question. Having Patriot mill a standard Stock II May be the only way. 

Hi, I’m new here. I have been out of the game for a long time, but I’m interested in shooting CO and interested the optics ready Stock 2. I am also considering a shadow 1 or a shadow 2 . I just don’t know much about Tanfoglio’s or CZ’s . Is the stock 2 more like the shadow 1 or 2? How reliable are they? I have only been able to handle a shadow 2 and an SP-01 . I just saw the optics ready stock 2 and am now considering it also. I apologize for hijacking your thread . I’m am just trying to learn. Any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Stock II is larger in the grip than a Shadow 2.  Not as easy to get a nice trigger on and there are way more parts for the Shadow 2, but Stoeger kicks everyone with a Shadow 2's rear with his Stock 2s.

Shred, thanks for your reply. It’s a shame I can’t get my hands on a tanfo . I used to shoot a .38 super built on a Para frame. It has regular size grips on it and fit my hands well. Maybe the tanfo will fit well too. Thanks again for your reply. 

28 minutes ago, OldParaShooter said:

Shred, thanks for your reply. It’s a shame I can’t get my hands on a tanfo . I used to shoot a .38 super built on a Para frame. It has regular size grips on it and fit my hands well. Maybe the tanfo will fit well too. Thanks again for your reply. 

Patriot Defense is right in Texas. Go visit them to check out a Tanfo.

So does anyone know if the RMR or the SRO will fit this gun? I can’t seem to get a straight answer from EAA . I emailed support see emails below

Me:

Hi,

I am interested in purchasing a Stock II Optic. Will the Trijicon RMR work on this gun?

Regards,

Oldparashooter

EAA:
YES

me:

Does it come with a plate that fits the RMR? Or is the slide milled for the RMR. I can’t find much information on it.

Regards,

Oldparashooter

EAA:

Hi Oldparashooter,

It will come with plates to mount the optic. 

Thank you. 

EAA CORP

Maybe I’m dense but that doesn’t seem very clear.