Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II Optic

AzNooB

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

The Stock 2 gets the ugly stock-1-style “lily pad” cocking serrations, too, I see.

I don't like the look of those either, and with the optic there it seems pointless. On my carry guns at least, (Trij RMR) the optic is the charge handle. 

• 3 weeks later...

EAA was showing this particular model in their booth during this year's ShotShow and the rep I was talking to told me they will try to import this model as soon as this summer. Now that being said, how much of this is actually going to happen I have no idea but I am waiting to get my hands on one as soon as they are available.

I sent emails to ask both EAA and IFG if they are importing this model.  That's a month ago.  No response so far.   Safer bet probably is just buy a stock 2 and mill the slide. 

Edited by Dazhi

18 hours ago, Dazhi said:

I sent emails to ask both EAA and IFG if they are importing this model.  That's a month ago.  No response so far.   Safer bet probably is just buy a stock 2 and mill the slide. 

I agree but for what optic?  It seems guys have had all of them break fairly consistently..... which one to choose?

The $600+ ones hoping they don't break that often?

Or the ~$300 ones knowing they'll break but also that they're cheap enough to have a few replacements of ready to swap in.

Or will the PD milled slide cut now accept various optics?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

LPA super sight weighs 1 oz. 

Venom and FF3 weigh 1.1 oz, but they will need adapter plate.  

DPP and SRO weight 1.7 - 1.8 oz and they definitely will go over with adapter plate. 

R3 Max won't need a plate.  Not sure how much does it weigh. 

1 hour ago, Dazhi said:

LPA super sight weighs 1 oz. 

Venom and FF3 weigh 1.1 oz, but they will need adapter plate.  

DPP and SRO weight 1.7 - 1.8 oz and they definitely will go over with adapter plate. 

R3 Max won't need a plate.  Not sure how much does it weigh. 

Out of curiosity, what makes you say the R3 Max won't need an adapter plate? My information on the R3 was that it was an RTS2 footprint, versus the much smaller JPoint/Shield RMS cut?

On 11/8/2019 at 10:28 AM, motherFNbrandon said:

This will also have to qualify under the production numbers for CO (and Prod) for a new model, right?

I don’t believe so. It’s a S2 with dot. The S2 has many variants already on the approved list. 

• 4 months later...