Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC and lasers

1 hour ago, Bwillis said:

@George16 I had a guy ask how I saw my laser in the sun a distance. I hand him my Oakley’s  and he called me a cheater. I was skeptical and hesitant to buy them but they are game changers. Everything pops out and is crystal clear. 

Which prizms stand out? I have 3 different prizm lenses but I'm not sure if I see a difference.

CT 206 green here also. It's light enough it stays on my pcc all the time. It absolutely saved my one time in a L3 match at SUPS, Utah. The sun was setting just above the hills and my red dot is absolutely washed out and cannot see a thing. I turned on my laser and aimed just like I would aim with the dot except my eye level is just above the hood.Got all my shot and had a great stage score to boot. It was a short course with two positions only. 

I am an Oakley fan boy. Last I checked Oakley was not selling their darkest lenses in prism to replace standard polarized lenses.

For Florida sun, I was NOT impressed with the prisms I tried.

5 minutes ago, p7fl said:

I am an Oakley fan boy. Last I checked Oakley was not selling their darkest lenses in prism to replace standard polarized lenses.

For Florida sun, I was NOT impressed with the prisms I tried.

I don’t know where you searched but I got one of these polarized prizms.

https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product/W0OO9188?variant=888392279958

I have one of these too aside from my TR22, TR45 and other Oakley’s.

I sold one of these for $150 a month ago or so.

Edited by George16
Spelling

Has anybody taken notice if any of the top PCC shooters on the circuit are using a laser? I have the Crimson Trace green on mine zeroed  at 7 yards to eliminate hold over on tight shots up close. I find I rarely turn it on and just use a holdover technique with the red dot. Just wondering if and where I'm missing the boat on other applications for the laser that truly saves time. I tried it on hard leans, especially on week side,but seems that transitioning to week side shoulder allows me to get very deep on those tight liens. I haven't seen one mounted on Max L., Josh F. or Todd J.'s etc. unless I'm mistaken and overlooked it.

21 hours ago, Bwillis said:

@vgdvc Would Shannon Smith be high speed enough for you? 

Yep.Thanks for this. Good to see a quantitative comparison on a simple standards type drill. Wondering if he applies the laser during a field course and if so what circumstances is it a benefit. I haven't seen many big names make use of lasers. I figured they would if there was truly an advantage. I would really like to use mine if I can determine when it would  be advantageous.

• 6 months later...

I have a CMR-206 mounted on top/front of my GMR-15. Perfect location for either thumb to actuate for tight off-hand or strong hand corners. I have used it for first target hits. Mostly steel from start position, shouldering on the way to next array. A couple classifier stages as well.