Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Building WST Glock 35 load

jessesmith121

I have been using 4.7 @ 1.185 topped with a 180 and absolutely love that load for SSTK.  Going to start using a Glock 35 in Limited and would like to use WST there as well.  So anyone have experience with this?  I am going to try 4.4 @ 1.125 with a 180.  Maybe it will still make major?  I did a quick search and didn't find it, sorry if its a double post.

I was running 4.6gr @1.135 under a 180 blue  most matches. It ran about 167-168pf. I bumped it up to 4.7gr for majors and was about 172-174 in 90 degree weather. 

Double checked my load data and updated above. 

Edited by Novagunner

What kinda bullet ? Was gonna say you should be fine at 4.5, but then thought Glock, maybe copper or jacketed, Glocks twists are faster, but jackets are slower,, so no idea how that will end up.
My Para 16/40 was set up for factory American Eagle 165's as that was all I could get in HI that wasnt well past major. So I loaded at home similar. I ran 180 grain moly coated,,, ummmm Was masterblaster, then I think they sold to Black bullet ?  any way a generic black coated moly 180,,, that actually weighed 178 at a couple HI state matches.. 4.5 grs WST at 1.140 OAL gave me 167 pf both years.  Temp I am sure was in 80's.. Back then I didnt know about temperature swings,,, chronoed a bit higher at home when temp was in 40's,, plus I never weighed bullets and assumed they were 180. Guess that is why we load to 170.
THis was an Ed Brown match 5" barrel,,, a bit tighter than the factory para barrel, which shot out at about 20k.
Id weigh your bullets get true weight, then run a ladder one day this summer when it is warm like 4.4,  to 4.8

5 hours ago, jessesmith121 said:

Thanks bud, probably going to leave it at 4.7 just to be safe.  I see you are from Fairfax...  I grew up on route 1 in alexandria

I grew up in Del Ray in Alexandria. 4.6-7 should pretty much put you in a good spot. Of course a chrono is a good thing and work up the load. 

On 5/16/2019 at 4:32 PM, Novagunner said:

I was running 4.6gr @1.135 under a 180 blue  most matches. It ran about 167-168pf. I bumped it up to 4.7gr for majors and was about 172-174 in 90 degree weather. 

Double checked my load data and updated above. 

+1^^^

• 2 weeks later...