Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What kind of workouts are y’all doing to stay in shape for matches and daily life?

On 5/18/2019 at 6:44 PM, tact said:

SOFlete.........easy button

Do the majority of their workouts require you to be at a full gym or can they be completed from home with an assortment of free weights?

I generally pick up donuts or other sugar loaded garbage. You could say my diet is going extremely well. Shoulda started on the summer body before summer 😂

But honestly I’m not as active in the gym as I used to be. I work a physical job where I’m always moving (Electrician) and that keeps me

in pretty decent shape as long as my diet isn’t completely off the rails.

hockey, cycling, dry-fire with lots of movement.

I would rather do things that are fun and have exercise as a side-effect than go to a gym and slog.

Weights and cardio (stair running at the stadium). When Maui's beaches are nice, I go free diving. Works out my legs and lungs. I try to rest couple days before a match so I'm not burnt out. 

If you’re currently doing nothing, just do something.  Walking with a weighted vest is excellent conditioning, requires no gym, and is simple.