Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accelerator Drill Review

Tgun84IN

Pretty much the only IPSC shooter in the range. So I need help reviewing my techniques. 

So I did try Ben Stoeger Accelerator drill but with smaller IPSC target (60% original size). Distance ratio should be the same. I placed target at 4.6m - 12m and 16m.

Here is video I posted on youtube https://youtu.be/ye-bb80flIo

16m target: mostly alpha with perhaps 1 Charlie in a run
12m target: grouping is pretty much all over the place, occasionally I got 1 mike
4.6m target: mostly alpha

Firstly, I have been doing a lot of transition drill but my transition time is still 0.7-1 s. Secondly no matter how fast I try my reload it always took 2-3second. Those time seems to be stagnant the past few months. I could go faster but result might be mostly in C/D. on Dry Fire of course it is a different matter. 

Your grab of the mag out of the pouch doesn't look like it is consistent or secure. Like you're grabbing the basepad more than the mag tube. Also, from this video angle at least, it looks like you are not putting the magwell of the pistol into a good position to receive the new mag. Basically you need to clean up some fundamentals just a tiny bit and then get way more reps in.