Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else hate the flat FSS trigger

jpm2953

So..... I have a 1.0 M&P with the polymer curved FSS trigger. Love it 

Now, I have a 2.0 M&P with the flat FSS and hate it. The safety dingus sticks out 3 times as far. You really have to press perfectly straight back and towards the bottom of the trigger. 

Doesnt that defeat feat the whole purpose of a flat faced trigger? 

I wish they they would come out with a polymer curved trigger for 2.0. Sorry for the rant. 

Shave the tab down flush with the trigger face and reduce the dingus in back so that the gun is still drop-safe yet disengages consistently.

Pretty much everyone has to do this with the APEX flat trigger for the Walthers, because the trigger requires a totally perfect pull.

8 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Shave the tab down flush with the trigger face and reduce the dingus in back so that the gun is still drop-safe yet disengages consistently.

Pretty much everyone has to do this with the APEX flat trigger for the Walthers, because the trigger requires a totally perfect pull.

Ok. I can do that. As long as it still has a functioning trigger safety, it’s ok to modify that. 

I just didn’t want to screw myself at a level 2 if they did an equipment check. 

Used a flat forward aluminum trigger in a gen1 that broke at 1.75 lbs. Now I use a curved plastic trigger in a gen2 that breaks at 3.5 lbs. Both triggers have their pros and cons. The flat has negligible pretravel whereas the curved one is more forgiving on finger positioning.

Edited by Lior

7 hours ago, Lior said:

Used a flat forward aluminum trigger in a gen1 that broke at 1.75 lbs. Now I use a curved plastic trigger in a gen2 that breaks at 3.5 lbs. Both triggers have their pros and cons. The flat has negligible pretravel whereas the curved one is more forgiving on finger positioning.

Same here I use the flat faced trigger in my 9L for steel challenge matches, where I'm looking for pure speed, that trigger is very fast

Edited by kmanick

• 2 months later...
On 5/14/2019 at 12:09 PM, Matt1911 said:

I prefer the aluminum curved. Flat triggers in pistols just feel weird to me. 

I agree.  I have a second lower with the Flatty and prefer the curved.  Smaller hands as well don't help as the flat trigger seems to be a longer reach.  

• 3 weeks later...

I put the 100-154 kit in my 2.0.  Absolutely awesome trigger/improvement.  Once it resets the forward travel/finger stops.  Pull to the rear and it releases/fires.  Very little movement in either direction.  Very little.  It's still a 3 lb. trigger pull, but so crisp.

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Trentmopar said:

Just pop the roll pin out of the trigger safety.  It keeps you from having any malfunctions and it’s striker fired...why would you need a trigger safety anyhow.

That’s an illegal mod for USPSA

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of the amount that the dingus protrudes, but I generally hate trigger safeties (I have a manual safety 2.0).  That said, once the live ammunition starts barking, I NEVER notice it and the flat trigger is very helpful in getting fast hits for me.  Curved triggers definitely have some advantages, but for letting off rounds in a hurry, flat trigger wins every time for me and that goes for rifles too (I actually purposely stopped using flat AR triggers because I couldn't keep myself from machine gunning off some rounds every single range trip...the curved trigger fools my brain into thinking I'm a sniper instead of a lead thrower:))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...