Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio pistol for IDPA CCP division

srrch

I shoot Tanfoglio pistols in IDPA and USPSA. Id like to see a pistol that I could compete with in the IDPA CCP (compact carry pistol) division. This division is specifically for Glock 19 sized pistols.

Some of the specifications are:

4 3/8 inch barrell length limit.

38.00 weight limit with the heaviest unloaded mag.

Must fit in the box measuring 7 ¾” x 5 3/8” x 1 3/8”.

The gun can be single action.

Cone shapes barrels are allowed.

I'd prefer that it utilizes large frame magazines. But small frame mags will do.

Come on Tanfoglio, make this happen.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Easy peasy. These weigh 26.5 ounces with magazine inserted. The full steel compacts should be roughly the same dimension wise and be a little heavier.ccfe92331000124f31809c53bfe649e5.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

The older EAA Steel Compacts with the Wonderfinish fall into those requirements...  (Could venture into looking at the CZ75, PCR, P01 Compacts.)

Am waiting for someone to bring in a large frame compact with the square trigger guard competition frame...

Edited by Sc0

A polymer carry models has to be close. Could you swap the upper from a carry to a compact?
As long as large goes with large and small goes with small.

Easy peasy. These weigh 26.5 ounces with magazine inserted. The full steel compacts should be roughly the same dimension wise and be a little heavier.ccfe92331000124f31809c53bfe649e5.jpg

I thought about the all steel compact, or maybe even the pavona. However, the barrell length is 3.5 inches as opposed to the 4.1 of a glock 19 or M&P 2.0 compact. That is a big enough difference to not consider them for CCP.

Had a well tuned and modified 4" XD that was a tack driver, then IDPA changed the division rules making the gun 1/8" too tall (and I got disgusted and quit paying IDPA dues). 

Be careful of something similar if you get something heavier or otherwise different than a Glock. 

On 5/12/2019 at 11:19 PM, srrch said:

I thought about the all steel compact, or maybe even the pavona. However, the barrell length is 3.5 inches as opposed to the 4.1 of a glock 19 or M&P 2.0 compact. That is a big enough difference to not consider them for CCP.

I was thinking of picking one up as well but opted for the M&P 2.0 compact. I used to shoot M&P before I switched to Tanfo so it wasn’t a hard decision to make.