Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Load for Blue 125's

Bulldog317

Hey All,

Just got some sample packs of Blue Bullet 125 Truncated and Round Nose, .356  Dia

Looking for some good recipes and OAL for each.

Not looking for soft &  min PF, looking for accur.

Shooting a SPO1 using TightGroup powder.

Thanks!

Load and plunk each of the profiles.  When you determine the plunk go ahead & back off another hundredth.  That's a good OAL starting point.  The RN is likely to have a shorter OAL than the TC d/t it's fat ogive.  With that CZ barrel, if it hasn't been throated, you're likely to be around 1.12" or below.  With Titegroup I'd start around 3.8 gr or so and work up. Starting here should produce nice, safe pressures to start with.  You're likely to find better accuracy around 4.1 gr or so but these loads will have to be developed for your gun.  Chrono as you go.

1.120" for the Truncated and probably shorter than 1.080" for the current RN profile. You should always do the plunk and spin test and or ream your barrels.

3.8g to 4.1g for TG/Win 231

4.0g to 4.3g for WST

Always chrono your loads as YMMV.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

4.2 WSF at 1.060” TC boolit is my go to accuracy load.  Power Pistol produces some very accurate loads but I don’t like it’s recoil impulse. WSF is very manageable and soft shooting.

BTW, put a tablespoon of your TG powder into a Baggie with a coated bullet,  seal the bag up then check the bullet’s paint coating a week later. 

Edited by igolfat8

I used 3.8gr of titegroup at 1.138 and was getting 2” groups at 20yrds but I like the 135tc much better. Just like the feel better. I also stopped using titegroup because it’s just so dang filthy and smoky. You should give sport pistol a try. You guys can use code (Moser) for a discount at blue bullets. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shot my new Shadow 2 last night for the first sight in.  Load was pretty accurate out of my gun shooting sub-2" 15 yard groups offhand.  I shoot 125gr RN Blue Bullets over 4.8gr of Ramshot True Blue @1.135 OAL.  This load shoots great out of all my 9mm pistols and my Sig MPX.  Seems to be pretty clean as well.