Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fluffy's Revenge 2 (06-05)

Shot this one 9/4 at Phoenix Rod & Gun.

Middle A Open shooter

HF= 12.4579

Calculator says: 94.23%

Working my way to Master. :D

That's a good run bro... Anything under 3 is not bad. When you have that few points accuracy is right up there with speed. Be careful you don't swap one for the other. ;)

JT

Thanks JT.

You are right about the accuracy, it seems that if I had 1 more point I would have made the GM score. :surprise:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot this one 9/4 at Phoenix Rod & Gun.

Middle A Open shooter

HF= 12.4579

Calculator says: 94.23%

Working my way to Master. :D

That's a good run bro... Anything under 3 is not bad. When you have that few points accuracy is right up there with speed. Be careful you don't swap one for the other. ;)

JT

Thanks JT.

You are right about the accuracy, it seems that if I had 1 more point I would have made the GM score. :surprise:

Ya, at that pace, 1 point is about .35 hit factor, so if you had shot it clean, you would have had about 13.4 HF and had 100%. :goof:

JT

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm a brand new shooter. I went to my first match ever June of this year, and I was immediately hooked. Since then I've been dry firing regularly to Steve Anderson's book and soaking in information from the better shooters at my club. I've been getting consistently better and am just starting to be competitive with the A level guys here (although I can't beat them yet).

I shot this classifier today; it was my 3rd classifier stage ever. From dryfiring, I've gotten comfortable with my turn & draw and figured I'd push myself to shoot faster than I normally would.

Production

3.66s

38pts

10.38hf

88.8%!!

Holy cow! I've never shot anything close to that before. I was expecting something in the 5 second range. Pretty much everyone there (including myself) was stunned. It was easily the best time for the stage.

Anyway, one of the club officers wanted to shoot it again. We all understood we wouldn't count the scores, but it was more for practice and fun. I figured my first run was probably luck, but I could try to focus hard and do at least as well. A couple seconds before the buzzer, it occurred to me that I could do even better. So I figured why not try?

It was a really bizarre feeling. When the buzzer went off I remember going into this hazy state. I could see what I was doing, but I was sort of detached and only snapped back into myself as the last steel was falling. I know that I was seeing everything I was doing, but I honestly couldn't tell you much else. It's all kind of blurry. I have no idea what my shot cadence sounded like; I was just seeing the next target lightning quick and firing. It was very weird in a good way.

3.33s

38pts

11.41hf

97.6%!!!!

Anyway, I'm kind of scared now. I didn't even have a USPSA membership, but one of the guys at the club told me to go get one and gave me $20 as a "contribution" to go towards the cost! My mind is spinning. I don't know if I could perform that way on any other classifier or on any other day. I mean, that was a GM score! But I also know it couldn't have been all luck since I did it twice, right? I've got this nagging thought in my head that maybe, just maybe, I can practice really hard and shoot that well all the time.

I guess only time will tell :)

Edited by LexTalionis

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 5/28/2016 at 7:47 PM, S&W686 said:

Today we shot CM 06-05 Fluffys Revenge 2

Class - Open Division B

Gun - CK Arms 9 Major

Time - 3.95

Points - 37

Hit Factor - 9.3671

We shot this again this weekend.  Didn't do as well as I did last May.  It was a very "HOT" day in Memphis today.

Class - Open Division B

Gun - CK Arms 9 Major

Time - 4.57

Points - 37

Hit Factor - 8.0963

• 8 months later...

Shot this one this weekend. 

Limited /Atlas Titan

37 pts / 3.34 sec = 11.0778 HF (86%)

Shot left to right. Had to fire a make up on the right steel. 

Seems like the HF starts to tank really quickly above 3.1 sec! 

Edited by B_RAD

• 4 months later...

Local is doing it this Sunday. Old Prod threshold for GM was 11.1, now it is 12.6. So about a 12% change.

An all A run would have to be in 3.17 seconds to make GM in Prod. Throw a C on each paper and it turns into needing a 2.68 second run.  Looks like I will try dry firing it at 2.9 and see what happens on Sunday.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Time: 3.12

7 A, 1C

HF: 12.18

91.4 %

Made M with this in CO. I was rushed, so didn't have much time to think about it. Looked at the targets once, relaxed, and just shot it at the beep. Somehow it all worked fine.

Edited by Tango

• 7 months later...

Shot this one over the weekend and ended up having a major brain fart.  Took 3 shots on the left steel, then took only one shot on the left target for some reason, two on middle and two on right, came back and made up the left paper, then hit the right steel.  All alphas, which was great, but just really dumb shooting

Open major

5.27s

40 pts

7.59HF for 49.9%

Edited by UpYoursPal

• 1 year later...