Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MOA heavy bolt for M3K

Curious to see how many of you have the MOA heavy bolt in your Stoeger and if it fixed your issues?

I have an 18.5 inch M3000 that "Benelli clicks" a lot (ammo choice can help but nothing feeds 10 rounds through without at least one click).  I don't want to dump the gun, but I also don't want to buy the bolt if it won't fix it.  

Anyone out there that can help?

Edited by Pistolpete9
*sp

I didn’t have issues to begin with but I did recently get the heavy bolt setup and the modified hammer to run 1145 fps shells. No issues with well over 100 consecutive firings. 

A buddy of mine had a dead trigger with his M3K with the stock recoil spring and MOA reduced recoil spring sans heavy carrier. Wasn’t a click but more of a trigger that wouldn’t do anything. 

Man if I could get mine to a 99% runner, I'd be very happy.  That's still well short of my other guns (they all run 99.9% at least), but I get that shotguns can't run the same kind of reliability numbers.  What isn't okay with me is barely hitting 90%.  

• 2 weeks later...

Mine ran 100% without it but I added it anyway and it let even 1 oz loads cycle fine. I just sold the whole gun tho. It’s worth it if you can’t get yours running as is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply!  Did you notice any difference in the feel of the action operating?  Heavier recoil?

I couldn’t tell you. I never really thought to compare. It’s insurance basically so you don’t get jams at a match. I didn’t run a full match with 1oz loads but I shot half a box on practice. I run 1 1/8 oz at 1200 FPS is my standard load for 3Gun. It ate those all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk