Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Posted (edited)

I've been out of the shooting games for a long, long time, been thinking of trying our local IDPA matches some and wanted to try my Shadow 2 that I haven't shot yet.

Is there a division that it will be legal in and if so do you start hammer down or cocked and safety on? 

Thanks,JH

ETA      I just saw in another thread that it won't make weight without some work done.

Edited by stater61

I did a search and what I found was a statement that the IDPA does not print an approved gun list. Apparently my googlefu is lacking, If you know of one I'd really appreciate a link.

One of the things I like about this site is the lack of attitude tolerated by the mods, I'll refrain from any further comment.

Some comments removed.  Lets keep this with the posting guidelines.  If anyone needs a refresher you can find them here:  https://forums.brianenos.com/guidelines/

Posting Guidelines

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.
No trolling. No alternate accounts.

Duly noted, again one of the reasons I like this site.

You might be able to make weight and shoot in ESP with some creative internal modification/weight removal, but it's probably in the extreme end of the cost/benefit scale.

It's been done with a Dan Wesson PM-C for CCP, but that was only about 1.5oz. over with a mag.

Posted (edited)

Yessir, I think you're right about the cost/benefit. I was hoping there would just be an easy button but it doesn't appear so.

If I decide to keep it and put an optic or optic cut and aluminum plate on it, it could work I suppose according to the other thread.

I'll probably just go with one of my P-07's or P-09 instead. Thank you for the info though, I appreciate it.

JH

Edited by stater61

I believe you can with CO also, but you will have to get the weight down. A friend of mine did with his for CO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think for now anyway, I'll just stick with the P-09 or P-07. I bought the Shadow 2 sometime back and still haven't shot it, although I didn't buy it for any shooting sport I was just hoping it would work somehow in IDPA. I think it will work in Production in USPSA if I make it to some of those matches. Thank you guys for the info I appreciate it.

JH

I have shadow sp01 . And can use it for both game.