Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2

stater61

I've been out of the shooting games for a long, long time, been thinking of trying our local IDPA matches some and wanted to try my Shadow 2 that I haven't shot yet.

Is there a division that it will be legal in and if so do you start hammer down or cocked and safety on? 

Thanks,JH

ETA      I just saw in another thread that it won't make weight without some work done.

Edited by stater61

I did a search and what I found was a statement that the IDPA does not print an approved gun list. Apparently my googlefu is lacking, If you know of one I'd really appreciate a link.

One of the things I like about this site is the lack of attitude tolerated by the mods, I'll refrain from any further comment.

Some comments removed.  Lets keep this with the posting guidelines.  If anyone needs a refresher you can find them here:  https://forums.brianenos.com/guidelines/

Posting Guidelines

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.
No trolling. No alternate accounts.

You might be able to make weight and shoot in ESP with some creative internal modification/weight removal, but it's probably in the extreme end of the cost/benefit scale.

It's been done with a Dan Wesson PM-C for CCP, but that was only about 1.5oz. over with a mag.

Yessir, I think you're right about the cost/benefit. I was hoping there would just be an easy button but it doesn't appear so.

If I decide to keep it and put an optic or optic cut and aluminum plate on it, it could work I suppose according to the other thread.

I'll probably just go with one of my P-07's or P-09 instead. Thank you for the info though, I appreciate it.

JH

Edited by stater61

I think for now anyway, I'll just stick with the P-09 or P-07. I bought the Shadow 2 sometime back and still haven't shot it, although I didn't buy it for any shooting sport I was just hoping it would work somehow in IDPA. I think it will work in Production in USPSA if I make it to some of those matches. Thank you guys for the info I appreciate it.

JH

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
22 minutes ago, SSGGlock said:

There’s a guy in MD that’s figured out how to cut weight in the slide and get it under for SSP. But I don’t remember the name of his shop.

A concern there is that internal weight reduction or milling is not on the list of approved modifications for SSP. So, depending on who is doing equipment check and how much of a stickler they and the MD are, you could run into trouble I bet.

5 hours ago, WhiteDingo said:

A concern there is that internal weight reduction or milling is not on the list of approved modifications for SSP. So, depending on who is doing equipment check and how much of a stickler they and the MD are, you could run into trouble I bet.

I read you. But I went back and looked at the rule book and checked rule 8.1.7 E. Also under 8.2.1.3 it’s not in the excluded list for SSP.

8.2.1.2 G, H, and J are all vague enough that you can slide internal lightening cuts (that don't show from the outside) through at least one of them.

One can claim that lightening the slide achieves less muzzle flip and is part of accurizing.

5 hours ago, SSGGlock said:

I read you. But I went back and looked at the rule book and checked rule 8.1.7 E. Also under 8.2.1.3 it’s not in the excluded list for SSP.

In regards to 8.2.1.3, the list states "non-inclusive list", where 8.2.1.2 reads "inclusive list". I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but the explanation given for 8.1.7.e for me during previous interactions with SOIs and area coordinators (not that either of these are infallible) was for models such as the SW1911 with the through cuts in the slide (before that was legal), the ported M&P guns with a non-ported barrel installed, etc.

The way the rule is written "OFM firearms with extensive slide machining" would indicate to me that they are speaking of the above scenario. 

I would agree that it's very arbitrary and pretty silly, really, but I'd hate to see someone spend a bunch of money just to get DQ'd or something at a major.