Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 ACP Magazines Tripp vs ETM

Mike62

I am getting ready to start shooting SS.  I need to buy mags and I want the magazines that are the easiest to seat.  I have read that Wilson ETMs and TRIPP Cobras are the easiest to seat, but I cannot find anyone who has recent experience with both.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Gun is a TRP and plan to run a dawson ICE in case that matters.

Thanks,

Mike

Both are easy to seat.  However, one of them might not work in your gun because of mag catch shelf height.  The Tripp would not work in my Sig Tacops, because it sat too low and the round would not strip properly.  The ETMs work fine.  Both are quality mags.  Just be aware they are designed differently.  BTW, the ETM is easier to seat with a full mag and closed slide.  It requires no extra effort.

I have both, and they both run flawlessly in my Les Baer. The cobras are easier to disassemble as the spring and follower come out the bottom, and the follower has the metal insert. The Wilson ETS spring comes out the bottom but you have to step it out and the follower comes out the top. Given choice very difficult, I guess I might lean towards the cobras, for ease of cleaning and the better follower, but if I could get a deal ETS would work.

I use both of them...have a few more cobras than ETMs but really don't prefer one over the other for any functional reason, though I am having problems with one of my cobra mags with rounds nose diving and hanging up on feed ramp

• 1 month later...

I had some trouble getting Cobra's and Wilson 47's to seat when fully loaded and slide forward. After talking with Wilson tech support, I bought some ETM's and left them loaded for 2 weeks and they work great. I've left my first mags loaded for a week now and most seat fine, but 2 are still not going all the way in. Maybe after some more time loaded the will be OK. 

I like them both.  In case it matters Wilson has a lifetime warranty on the magazine tube.  If the feed lips ever spread or crack Wilson will replace the tube; followers and springs are considered consumable items, replace them annually.