Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oddly-Specific Grip Question

Steve133

So, I know that we beat the "guise, which grip should I get!?!?!" question into the ground pretty regularly, but I have a more specific spin on that question that I don't think has been asked, at least not with this degree of specificity.

Like most of us, I've cycled through a few different iterations of... well, most everything on my rifle, and that includes grips. I've most recently gone back and forth between a BCM Gunfighter Mod 1 and the LaRue A-PEG. I really like the angle of the BCM, but really like the palmswell profile and texture of the A-PEG, and now that I've cemented those preferences, it's difficult to be completely satisfied with either one. There are a host of other "reduced angle" grips out there, and I'm probably going to try one of them on my next build, but before I commit to buying and trying out 50 different grips, I figured I'd check to see if anyone had any experience with them.

Of these, which has the best "hand-filling" cross-section and texture? In other words, which is the closest to feeling like the A-PEG with a reduced angle? Or is there another option that I'm missing completely?

I really like the Ergo Tactical Deluxe grips.  I haven't used a LaRue A-PEG so I can't be sure, but from photos it looks like the Ergo is a bit more vertical.  I've also used BCM Mod 3 grips and can say that the Ergo Tactical Deluxe is definitely not as vertical. 

I'm with you - I like a palm-filling grip with a reduced angle.  For me, the Ergo is the best I've found so far, but would prefer if it were a bit more vertical.  I'd be interested to hear if there are other options.

17 hours ago, TalkingMonkey said:

I really like the Ergo Tactical Deluxe grips. 

Another vote from me - I feel like the texture, angles and swell allow me to hold the firearm one handed very easily, and align with the trigger where I want.

Thanks for the input. I've actually got an Ergo Deluxe on a PCC. I'm in exactly the same boat as Monkey - seems like it's a tad more vertical than the standard A2 angle, but not as aggressive as the BCM. Between that and the fact that it's just a tad on the chunky side (I've got small-to-medium sized hands), it's not quite perfect... but it might wind up being the best option after I try some other stuff.