Mag Well for Atlas Chaos

Slide4949

33 minutes ago, Sliv2 said:

I didn't know CZ was making Atlas guns now 😜

great idea. 

maybe Atlas making CZ now?😜 i will try to install ice magwell  to my tso.😉

Edited by yigal

10 hours ago, Slide4949 said:

Thinking about putting a Dawson Ice mag well on a Atlas Chaos, will it fit? I Know they fit STI's but not sure about PT EVO grips. 

Yes, the Dawson Ice does fit the PT Evo.

MB

Thanks CrashDodson, I talked to Adam today and he said the Limcat did work good be did not fit just right. Atlas would have a new one out by end of year.

Did you put one on a Chaos without any problems?

Edited by Slide4949

I have a peine custom firearms 2011 with a PT grip.  The bottom 3 nubs on the pt grip just have to be filed flat, magwell then fits perfect and no movement.  The magwell can be filed for those that dont like the idea of filing on their grip.  I have two identicle guns both with PT grip and the limcat magwell.  I can take a picture of what I filed if needed/wanted.  The magwell is heavy.  My gun will now sit on the magwell and not fall over, it would fall over with the dawson.  So it has balanced out the gun.  There are also no more stuck mags, at all. 

I have large hands and was running the ice big hands.  The limcat shape just works perfect for me and actually puts just enough pressure on the bottom of my hand to create a super locked in grip with my strong hand.  The limcat magwell is expensive but I would pay double the price for it after having used it.  I dont shoot for Johnny or anything I paid full price for both of mine.  If you contact them they will also make it in pretty much any color you want.  

30 minutes ago, Slide4949 said:

Hi Crash Dodson

Was going to order the Limcat magwell and wanted to make sure which one since thay have two. I'm assuming  are talking about the heavy one 7.8 oz ( Brass Top )

Thanks

i would NOT use the Brass Limcat magwell with a steel grip. Too heavy. It is perfect for a plastic grip.  Use the standard Limcat magwell with the PT EVO 

On 5/19/2019 at 4:45 AM, Slide4949 said:

I got the Limcat magwell installed on my Chaos and have not had a single mag jam, amazing. Had to use a dremel on magwell to get a fit but was easy to do.

Big thanks to Crash Dodson.

+1 The Limcat magwell does what it says it will. I replaced the Dawson ICE on my Chaos about a month ago now.  I was sticking mags in reloads often enough that I was considering how to get a plastic grip fitted to my Chaos - really frustrating.

Thousands of reloads so far in dryfire, training & matches with zero stuck mags. My reload speed is back up to where it was again now that I don't have to worry about sticking the mag in the metal vise grip.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for the limcat magwell! Just put one on my chaos and I went the route of clearance on the magwell side, put it on sharpied where it needed clearance, little dremel action and it fit up rock solid. Just ordered another for my back up gun as well. Pt is said to be releasing a similar magwell to limcat that will require no fitting but not sure on eta of that one. Atlas is making one later this year and Akai offers one as well that is available now. I think Dawson would be smart to make a new insert with the convex radius as it does work very well on metal grips.