Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

320 X5's Ready for C.O.

mwin323

Thanks to all of you that helped me in my previous threads. My wife shot Steel Challenge with me back on New Years Day and decided she wanted a competition pistol. I was shooting a standard 320, but both of us wanted X5's. It's taken a bit longer to get these finished due to injury and school, but they are Carry Optics ready (mine still has the magwell in the pic but it has been removed since.) Both have Vortex Razor red dots on Springer Precision mounting plates, with Red Hill Tactical holsters, and Springer Precision grip tape. No internal mods for now, but will eventually do trigger kits and different guide rods, etc.

320 X5's compressed.jpeg

Edited by mwin323
spelling

Take my advice...….get the tungsten guide rod from Springer Precision and the 14lb recoil spring they recommend. IT makes a huge difference.  Then order up the Grey Guns trigger kit. That will give you about 90% of the full in house trigger job from Bruce or Robert Burke (the 2 guys who do Sig triggers).  At that point, you have gun set up and done right pretty much like Max runs his.  I actually just wrote an article about this for USPSA's magazine. Can't say enough good things about Scott Springe, Bruce Grey and Robert Burke...….now if only I could actually shoot my CO gun like my 1911's...….At this point, they don't sell magic sprinkle dust to help me.

Best Regards,

Roy Neal

Team SV Infinity

43 minutes ago, ROY NEAL said:

Take my advice...….get the tungsten guide rod from Springer Precision and the 14lb recoil spring they recommend. IT makes a huge difference.  Then order up the Grey Guns trigger kit. That will give you about 90% of the full in house trigger job from Bruce or Robert Burke (the 2 guys who do Sig triggers).  At that point, you have gun set up and done right pretty much like Max runs his.  I actually just wrote an article about this for USPSA's magazine. Can't say enough good things about Scott Springe, Bruce Grey and Robert Burke...….now if only I could actually shoot my CO gun like my 1911's...….At this point, they don't sell magic sprinkle dust to help me.

Best Regards,

Roy Neal

Team SV Infinity

Thanks for the advice Roy! Pretty much exactly what my plan is! Just short on funds right now due to injury and lousy health insurance. Can't wait to be back out to matches regularly though.

Anyone have issues with the dot going out on the Sig Romeo 1 6 moa? Had about 1500 rounds total and at my last practice session of about 200 rounds the dot went out. I had the battery cap torqued down to 10in sq lbs prior to shooting and even tried a new battery after it went out. Later that night when I had time to see what was going on it was working fine, even racked the slide a fair amount to see if it would go out. Fast forward to the first stage of the match today and after 32 rounds the dot went out again....luckily a buddy helped me out with a backup. Kicker is the dot is working again at home. I have a feeling that unless Sig can duplicate it they are just going to send it back and say nothing as wrong with it. Anyone seen this before? Operator error?

5 hours ago, dansedgli said:

Did the cap unscrew? Tighten it right up. 

Use a regular screw driver, the one that comes with it is not enough.

This was gone over months ago in the x-5 thread, I don't use a torque driver just tighten it until it's TIGHT!