Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

strike industries mag extensions

Jamese35

I'm planing to make the switch to 40 s&w in USPSA limited, there for i need mag extensions. I happened to stumble on the strike industries mag extensions. I have not been able to find any good reviews on them, good, bad, or the other. They say that they will fit the 140mm mag gauge. Does any one have any experience with the strike industries mag extensions? 

I am interested as well. I will say their 223 PMAG extension on a 40rd PMAG with stock spring works great.  I haven't shot it a ton as my 3gun shooting has been on the slow side but I has been 100% so far.

I wouldn't mind grabbing one to use to have one or 2 more mags with extensions for 40 in case one mag gets super dirty at a match so I don't have to clean.  Sure beats paying $45 for another TTI basepad.

13 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

I am interested as well. I will say their 223 PMAG extension on a 40rd PMAG with stock spring works great.  I haven't shot it a ton as my 3gun shooting has been on the slow side but I has been 100% so far.

I wouldn't mind grabbing one to use to have one or 2 more mags with extensions for 40 in case one mag gets super dirty at a match so I don't have to clean.  Sure beats paying $45 for another TTI basepad.

I use pmag in my r17 for limited minor and steel matches but I have heard that anything other than glock mags ar not reliable in the 40cals. And I'm cheap lmao. 

5 hours ago, Jamese35 said:

I use pmag in my r17 for limited minor and steel matches but I have heard that anything other than glock mags ar not reliable in the 40cals. And I'm cheap lmao. 

I currently have 6 - OEM 40 mags with TTI basepads.  However I recently purchased a KKM 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 35 and will be taking 3 of the extensions off those mags to use for Steel Challenge and 3 gun...however now that I think about it I might just leave those mags as is and try one of these out.  I would be fine with 1 or 2 - 23rd mags and the rest could be 21rd PMAGs which run great in the gun so far.  I need something in the 140mm range as seating 17rd mags with the large magwell I have is a pain and not something that can be done fast on the clock.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 7:33 AM, Jamese35 said:

Please do👍.

I just got 2 SI mag extension for my G17/G34. For some reason I can only load 22 rounds of 9mm (as oppose to 23 17+6 as advertised)

Tried to load just 12 rounds and dropped both mags on concrete several times to see if either will crack but both held up good

Shot 100 rnds each with no issues and slide locked back after the last round

true test will be on a match few weeks from now . 

Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply yet.  I put one together with my NY legal 10 round mag (can't have the full 23 round fun but looking for additional ways to add weight to the Glock) and it does fit the 140mm USPSA gauge.  The bad news is they are not at all easy to remove if you choose to clean your mags or swap mag springs.  I'll try and post some pictures later.