Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fixed vs Collapsible Stocks

My PCC came with a Hogue collapsible stock but I set it at the LOP I want and never change it.  Recently I've seen fixed stocks at reasonable cost and was considering one of them as a replacement.  

Magpul sells a good looking one but the LOP is really fixed and it seems to be too short for me at 12.2"   Strike Industries sells one with shims to set the LOP between 12.0" and 14.25" and that seems to be a better choice.  Both are modestly priced and easy to install and won't add any significant weight. 

I currently live in an area  that doesn't restrict AR-type guns so the "cosmetics" of a collapsible stock aren't an issue but who knows what will happen. 

Any thoughts or recommendations?  

The main thing with the stock is that which ever you choose, it needs to be solid and give you the same cheek weld every shot.  Were at in Pa. I had family in the Waynesburg area, also spent a lot of time around Little Washington.

4 hours ago, troupe said:

The main thing with the stock is that which ever you choose, it needs to be solid and give you the same cheek weld every shot.  Were at in Pa. I had family in the Waynesburg area, also spent a lot of time around Little Washington.

Yeah, the Hogue I have is decently firm but a fixed stock should be a bit steadier.  I'm in the South hills of Pittsburgh, not that far from both Washington and Waynesburg.