Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm diameter preferences

Lightfoot

1 hour ago, Kenstone said:

Thanks for posting your test results

Consider trying the 38/125RN BLUE bullet for it's 0.358" dia, you might get better results than with the 9mm/0.355" dia/RN/version.

😐

Unfortunately not the case. Have since tried and failed due to the bullet shape I have to load the Blue .358's really short and they feed with a clur chunk!

I've used lots of blues with good results in other guns.  Not beating up on them.  

fortunately we as shooters have more good bullet options than ever before.

16 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Unfortunately not the case. Have since tried and failed due to the bullet shape I have to load the Blue .358's really short and they feed with a clur chunk!

I've used lots of blues with good results in other guns.  Not beating up on them.  

fortunately we as shooters have more good bullet options than ever before.

Good to know you tried...

I ended up at 1.100 OAL for the 125/0.358"/RN Blue bullets and that worked in all but one of my nines.

I have also found that the brass wall thickness is critical when loading larger dia. bullets for 9mm, too thick and rounds will not plunk and the crimp can cut thru the coating.

😀

Thanks for all the replies to my questions.  We have decided to go with the stated size minus 0 plus as much as .0007"  So a .356" will be between .3560" and .3567".  Lots of sizing dies actually drop a little small and we are basically going to make sure we are rounding in a helpful direction. 

BTW we just launched a new 9mm 135gr nlg round nose and it's worth a look. 

13 hours ago, Lightfoot said:

Thanks for all the replies to my questions.  We have decided to go with the stated size minus 0 plus as much as .0007"  So a .356" will be between .3560" and .3567".  

BTW we just launched a new 9mm 135gr nlg round nose and it's worth a look. 

Sounds like a plea for some beta testers :)

Well, at the sale price for the new 135 gr bullet I ordered some, .357 diameter,  will hopefully play nice w the Apex barrel in my M&P and the OEM S&W barrel in another pistol.

Reasonable shipping charge makes it a no brainer.

Mark

23 hours ago, Lightfoot said:

Thanks for all the replies to my questions.  We have decided to go with the stated size minus 0 plus as much as .0007"  So a .356" will be between .3560" and .3567". 

Will this also apply to the .380 95 gr bullets?

18 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Will this also apply to the .380 95 gr bullets?

That’s the plan going forward.  Any sizer that falls a few tenths under the stated size will either be lapped or relabeled.  This will apply  to all profiles and calibers.  Current inventory will not be changed so if you want to specify a minimum size we can double check the order before shipping.