Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

getting started in uspsa shooting

chetc

getting my ideas together for what i plan to order, the belt is the CR Speed, ghost 360 mag pouches, the holster is sort of iffy as of now, was thinking of the Double alpha PRD pro 11, i do like the adjustability it offers, but am reading the ball joint is a headache, is this a wise holster choice, i was looking at the compac international also, but it seems its too close to the belt. open for suggestions.

chet

I like my DAA PDR holster.  Tried two different RHT holster before that and both of them the gun rocked terribly back and forth.

IT was the holster not the hanger.  But lots of folks like RHT holsters.

My stuff other than race holsters are Blade tech or Comptech (whichever one is available and cheaper when I need it)

or the last one I bought and kept was the DAA PDR for a SIG x-5.

The RHT holsters I sent down the road were for a SIG X-5 and a Tanfo Stk 2.

No problems for about 6 months with the DAA PDR or the ball Joint.

I adjusted it, dryfired for about 10 minutes re-adjusted , 10 minutes etc.

Then took one screw at a time out "one" drop of blue Loctite then re-tightened.

Dryfired the next day for 10 minutes or so and double checked the screws to make sure they were set.

Not a problem since, stopped checking them after 10 or so range trips, matches  etc .

Everything is good FWIW

probably production fro now. competitions are a bit too far, we have one that is a little drive, might try that., i dont want a holster tight against my waist, i like a little offset and drop

chet

after doing some more reading ect, might go with the boss set up and the bladetech from ben stoeger, anyone used this set up or any issues

chet

I’ve been very happy with the Boss mount and RHT holsters. I have 3 belts set up with them and the Boss is a solid piece. The RHT’s fit is different, bit “loose.”  But,I find them rigid and fast on the draw with no binding. 

3 hours ago, chetc said:

after doing some more reading ect, might go with the boss set up and the bladetech from ben stoeger, anyone used this set up or any issues

chet

That s#!t is legit, buy it.  I use a Comp Tac International with my Boss hanger and DAA belt.  Works great.