Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How would you feel about this S2 trigger job?

jrbet83

S2 Trigger Job   

45 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel about this S2 trigger job?

• Looks like a great trigger.
    • It’s ok, I’d wish it was better.
    • I’d be disappointed.

Paid a reputable smith to do his top tier, full race trigger job, with my number one priority being a crisp SA. Here’s two videos showing the trigger. Personally I think it’s worst in person than in videos, but hope to get some feedback on realistic S2 trigger expectations.

First video shows slow trigger pulls, second shows quicker ones, to show it’s not just when you’re babying the trigger. Also I realize that the first part of the trigger movement is the take up (which I feel is slightly more it should be with a hand fitted short reset disconnector, but’s that’s not much a concern for me).

https://streamable.com/m0kql https://streamable.com/y8muc

Edited by jrbet83

I have a few CZ pistols:

CZ 75 SP01 Shadow (CZ Custom)

CZ 75 SP01 Shadow converted to SAO with straight trigger (CZ Custom)

CZ 75 SP01 non-Shadow model converted to SAO with straight trigger (Cajun Gun Works)

CZ Shadow 2 (CZ Custom)

CZ 97B converted to SAO with straight trigger (CZ Custom)

CZ Custom Pro-Tek 1 (CZ Custom)

CZ 2075B RAMI (Cajun Gun Works)

The trigger work (as well as other modifications) on all of the above pistols was done by either CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works as specified in the list. 

After viewing the video you provided, and based on my experience with the CZ pistols I own, my opinion would be that I agree wholeheartedly and completely with elguapo.

Edited by 45 Raven

So it looks like the consensus is, it’s not good lol. Now what do I do about it? The Smith wants to ship it back to him, which is commendable and the costumer service/communication has been good. My concern is that it’s pretty obvious (through messages) he thinks it’s a good trigger job and even referred to SA as crisp when he finished it. Being that when I sent him the gun, I asked for the best production gun possible, all the bells and whistles and put no financial limitations on him. I’m worried, if he’s already sent me the best he can do, why waste more time giving him another shot? I’ve brought up the idea of discussing a refund (minus parts), which I thought was fair. He’d be out no money, but he didn’t seem to keen to that. Am I being unreasonable? What would you do/suggest? Send it back, ask for some type of refund or eat the $300?

Edited by jrbet83

Send it to either CZ Custom or Cajun Gunworks. Both of these companies are the best when it comes to CZ tuning. Stuart (EERW) is a member here and works at CZC. Send him a pm and let him know what needs done.

He posted a response on this thread too.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:41 AM, Ludde said:

Is that the new APEX stuff? :D

u can always  ask from czc to install  in your  s2  APEX  stuff.🙉

i am sure that cz EU  can do this in few minutes with their favorite tool : hammer .😉

Edited by yigal

When I first got my S2 I was really disappointed in the SA pull. There was so much creep in the sa pull that, during shooting, I thought the gun was not cocked. (I'm only using it for target shooting and was used to light and glass breaking triggers)  Within  a week I ordered a CGW sear and hammer (and disco) and the SA problem was solved for 95%   You cant blame a gun smith for parts he didnt change if the parts where not to your liking in the first place.

Personally I feel that a trigger job has most effect on the DA pull and not so much on SA.

Changing those parts is not to difficult but if you are not used to taking apart your gun to the last part I would advice against doing it yourself and get help from a friend who OWNS a CZ. I would also advice to get a new hammer strut so you can leave your original hammer, strut and disco intact. It's only a few dollars.

The only extra tools you need are a plat nose 2 mm punch and I used a small vice to push the disco and hammer pins in.

That is apart from the regular tools, tweezers, and a steel dental pick to get to the springs (sear and safety spring)

Watch you tube videos with the gun on your lap several times until you understand what the are doing and what they mean.

It is fulfilling!

Edited by Hansb57

33 minutes ago, Hansb57 said:

When I first got my S2 I was really disappointed in the SA pull. There was so much creep in the sa pull that, during shooting, I thought the gun was not cocked. (I'm only using it for target shooting and was used to light and glass breaking triggers)  Within  a week I ordered a CGW sear and hammer (and disco) and the SA problem was solved for 95%   You cant blame a gun smith for parts he didnt change if the parts where not to your liking in the first place.

Personally I feel that a trigger job has most effect on the DA pull and not so much on SA.

Changing those parts is not to difficult but if you are not used to taking apart your gun to the last part I would advice against doing it yourself and get help from a friend who OWNS a CZ. I would also advice to get a new hammer strut so you can leave your original hammer, strut and disco intact. It's only a few dollars.

The only extra tools you need are a plat nose 2 mm punch and I used a small vice to push the disco and hammer pins in.

That is apart from the regular tools, tweezers, and a steel dental pick to get to the springs (sear and safety spring)

Watch you tube videos with the gun on your lap several times until you understand what the are doing and what they mean.

It is fulfilling!

So spend $300 on a race trigger job and then turn around and spend another $170 on a hammer, sear and disco? So essentially paying $300 to put springs in it and a little polishing?

I cant judge what your gunsmith did but I think that if you would have send your gun to GCW you would have had to pay about the same amount.

I just wanted to give some tips on how to solve your problem with the trigger. Staying mad at somebody who didnt do what you expected doesnt solve the problem.

3 hours ago, jrbet83 said:

So spend $300 on a race trigger job and then turn around and spend another $170 on a hammer, sear and disco? So essentially paying $300 to put springs in it and a little polishing?

Yes.  You said it yourself: the guy who screwed up your pistol thinks he did a great job.  So sending it back is stupid.

Get someone else, who knows what he's doing, to fix it.

The first rule of holes: when you find yourself in one, stop digging.

Edited by elguapo