Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shadow 2 trigger

chetc

curious is the  shadow 2 trigger from cajun gunworks , does it have both pre travel and travel adj on their sa triggers

chet

does the stock shadow 2 trigger have both adl.

Edited by chetc

First post here chet but I can help you out.  Just did a full upgrade with all CGW parts.  if your referring to the RRK stainless trigger, yes it has both pre and over travel adjustment screws.  That said, the pretravel screw has barely any thread to engage in the trigger, literally 1 to 2 threads.  This makes it hard to hold in position even with the recommended loctite.  I have various retention products and tried a few but found between vibration from firing and oil, the loctite is not reliable.   What worked well is a very small amount of JB Weld on the setscrew threads.  Sounds extreme but it works and if it needs to be removed some heat from a small heat gun or soldering iron carefully applied should do it.  Just be sure the hex is clear to fit the key in. 

8 minutes ago, GMP said:

First post here chet but I can help you out.  Just did a full upgrade with all CGW parts.  if your referring to the RRK stainless trigger, yes it has both pre and over travel adjustment screws.  That said, the pretravel screw has barely any thread to engage in the trigger, literally 1 to 2 threads.  This makes it hard to hold in position even with the recommended loctite.  I have various retention products and tried a few but found between vibration from firing and oil, the loctite is not reliable.   What worked well is a very small amount of JB Weld on the setscrew threads.  Sounds extreme but it works and if it needs to be removed some heat from a small heat gun or soldering iron carefully applied should do it.  Just be sure the hex is clear to fit the key in. 

thank you sir

• 4 weeks later...

Besides moving the face of the trigger rearward, what is your experience with the improvement in DA: less overall/complete distance traveled  in DA? Any more mechanical leverage gained?

1 hour ago, DCSigCZ said:

Besides moving the face of the trigger rearward, what is your experience with the improvement in DA: less overall/complete distance traveled  in DA? Any more mechanical leverage gained?

The trigger travels less, and the hammer falls sooner in its arc in DA.  I have had no light strike issues with an #11.5 CGW mainspring loading with Federal and WW primers (I also have the CGW ext firing pin).   Barely any difference in DA pull, IMO, which makes sense as your primarily trading hammer travel for trigger travel.  Reset is a tad shorter.  I did not have to fit the disco for function but did polish it before install.  Overall I like it, I have medium hands at best and it helps on that first DA shot.  Biggest PIA is the pretravel screw retention in he trigger as I said but the JB Weld does the trick, no issues at all.

Edited by GMP