Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Czgunsalot

POWER FACTOR 147gr

Recommended Posts

I’ve found some post about this,  but more often than not people start sharing the load data that is neither 147gr or titegroup.

 

Cz shadow 2

9mm 147gr blue bullet flat point.

OAL 1.15 

titrgroup 3.2gr

 

I don’t have access to a chrono so just want to see what kind of power factor everyone is getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my buddy gets 135pf out of his Sig p320 X5 with this charge without and OAL length

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

same for me.

147 DG Flat points

3.2 titegroup

135 power factor

from an SP01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Czgunsalot said:

I’ve found some post about this,  but more often than not people start sharing the load data that is neither 147gr or titegroup.

 

Cz shadow 2

9mm 147gr blue bullet flat point.

OAL 1.15 

titrgroup 3.2gr

 

I don’t have access to a chrono so just want to see what kind of power factor everyone is getting.

CZ shadow 2

I have loaded

147gr flat point Blue bullet .355

3.1gr titegroup

1.13 oal

132-135 power factor

 

1.13 oal

3.2gr tite group

134-137 power factor

 

Your load at 1.15 oal should be over 130 power factor.

Do yourself a huge favor and get a chrono. You dont need a expensive one.

147gr .355 is not the most accurate in a shadow and 1.15 is a touch long. I highly recommend bringing it down to 1.13-1.14 oal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Chrony - $79.    :) 

Best $100 a reloader can spend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, je85 said:

CZ shadow 2

I have loaded

147gr flat point Blue bullet .355

3.1gr titegroup

1.13 oal

132-135 power factor

 

1.13 oal

3.2gr tite group

134-137 power factor

 

Your load at 1.15 oal should be over 130 power factor.

Do yourself a huge favor and get a chrono. You dont need a expensive one.

147gr .355 is not the most accurate in a shadow and 1.15 is a touch long. I highly recommend bringing it down to 1.13-1.14 oal.

 

Really 1.15 is to long?

shot 500 rds of it last night ran fine.

what advantages would I gain going to 1.13-.14?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Czgunsalot said:

Really 1.15 is to long?

shot 500 rds of it last night ran fine.

what advantages would I gain going to 1.13-.14?

The max OAL depends a lot on bullet profile and the particular barrel in your CZ. 

The most common denominator for my 9mm CZs is 1.08-1.09.  Some bullets/pistols can run longer, but this OAL (at least for the several bullet profiles/manf's I use) will run in all of my CZs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Czgunsalot said:

Really 1.15 is to long?

shot 500 rds of it last night ran fine.

what advantages would I gain going to 1.13-.14?

If your barrel is reamed/throated than your good. If not then the bullet shoulder is getting very close to the rifling and sticking.

It only takes one bullet to cause an issue at a match.

The blue bullets FP can be loaded longer than most other profiles but at 1.15 your at max oal.

Have you done accuracy testing with some other OAL's?

How did you decide on 1.15?

 

In the end if it works for you than have at it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, je85 said:

If your barrel is reamed/throated than your good. If not then the bullet shoulder is getting very close to the rifling and sticking.

It only takes one bullet to cause an issue at a match.

The blue bullets FP can be loaded longer than most other profiles but at 1.15 your at max oal.

Have you done accuracy testing with some other OAL's?

How did you decide on 1.15?

 

In the end if it works for you than have at it.

 

I loaded a few shorter and I was having issue loading a rd in the chamber.   Got 1.15 from a buddy of mine.

accuracy is good,  but I’ll have to double check again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Czgunsalot said:

I loaded a few shorter and I was having issue loading a rd in the chamber.   Got 1.15 from a buddy of mine.

accuracy is good,  but I’ll have to double check again.

If you bring it down to 1.14 oal you will be good to go.

Also make sure you do the plunk/push/spin barrel test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, je85 said:

If you bring it down to 1.14 oal you will be good to go.

Also make sure you do the plunk/push/spin barrel test.

Just adjusted to 1.14.

 

and 1.15 I did do the plunk test.

 

but I’ll drop it a tad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No offense intended, but I'd follow suggestions on the internet

ONLY by testing them - if you're NOT having a problem with 1.15",

there's no reason to change it.

 

But, it is worth testing in Your Gun ….   who knows, you

might prefer 1.135".     :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After many thousands upon thousands of rounds through my non reamed Shadow barrel, 1.15 works just fine. Your OAL is set by what your magazine will fit and what your barrel will fit. For instance, I loaded MG 124 JHP's for minor once...had to load them down to 1.085...the shoulder of the bullet started hitting the lands and grooves at 1.095. MG 147 CMJ's are about the same...yet move to a Precision Delta 147 FMJ, and I can load out to 1.150 and it is quite accurate. I shot many thousand 147 coated lead truncated cone flat points as well at 1.150. 

 

Someone telling you that you should load shorter, when what you have loaded is working well, is doing you a disservice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just stating what I found with my CZ's and making a recommendation to try.

One should always test on their own and take recommendations like a grain of salt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate everyone’s input I’m just gather all the data and will be doing some testing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Best $100 a reloader can spend.
You ain't lying....now I dont have to bother you as much since I bought mine

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 
Someone telling you that you should load shorter, when what you have loaded is working well, is doing you a disservice.



If you are loading plated berrys or FML then 1.15 should work in a CZ or Tanfo....if he is running coated bullets like alot of us then what I have found in my CZs and Tanfos 1.15 OAL stick when doing the plunk/push/spin test. I also had to load short at 1.09 in my Tanfo.

It is not a disservice at all....you must test you own loads. He was simply helping the guy out by giving his personal experience. And I know CZs quality control is amazing and barrels are pretty darn close to being the same within each gun so his findings should be the same as what@je85 has found. If it is not I would be surprised if the plunk test he is doing is actually correct.

Just IMHO

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 5:29 PM, je85 said:

If you bring it down to 1.14 oal you will be good to go.

Also make sure you do the plunk/push/spin barrel test.

Hit the range today rds ran flawlessly.

had to adjust the rear sight to come up a little but it was good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Czgunsalot said:

Hit the range today rds ran flawlessly.

had to adjust the rear sight to come up a little but it was good 

Thats great news!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this when I started reloading. Ended up using blue bullets 9mm 147gr flat nose with 3.2 grains of titegroup and oal of around 1.13. Loving it so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kryo said:

Found this when I started reloading. Ended up using blue bullets 9mm 147gr flat nose with 3.2 grains of titegroup and oal of around 1.13. Loving it so far!

Also using cci primers all for my production CZ Shadow 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...