Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPP average lifespan on a Glock?

ArrDave

I am trying to see how long a reasonable lifetime is for a DPP - please share with me the following

Still running / repaired ?

Approx round count?

MOS/ milled/ dovetail?

Who did the milling?

I will get the party started

Running

MOS

Running

MOS

Repaired

MOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running 

milled

this is on a aftermarket g17 gen 3 slide milled by Primary Machine.

something is starting to go wrong. It’s going to sleep and not waking up when I’m given the make ready command, and draw from holster. Doesn’t do it all the time and all I have to do is turn back on. Once it stays asleep it’s going back to leupold.

I don't understand your post. Did your DPP bite the dust after 15000 rounds? Did you talk with the manufacturer? Probably a good resource. What did they say?

I have 3.

The button stopped working reliably - would have fits and I couldn’t adjust brightness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArrDave -> Trying not to be rude, but your message structure is very broken.  You mention 3.  Then a button stopped working.  Which one?  

My experience with the DPP is limited to one.  I must say it has not been good.  It lasted 6 magazines before I gave up.  Turned off twice within the six strings.  Mounted on a Glock G34 with minor powder puff rounds.  Outer Impact dovetail mount.

It is in transit to Oregon as I type.  I will say Leopold was very responsive via email.  In the end, they recommended I send it in for service.  I am mildly optimistic.

I've got 3. 

One thing I've noticed with all of them is the adjustment of britness. You get down to the most dim setting and lose the dot and have to press the button several times to get it to show back up.  It's like there's several levels of brightness that you can't see.  

Leupold will replace/repair them.

My strategy is to have 2 guns set up and have a 3rd dot. Practice with one gun. Shoot the other in matches and have the site dot for when one of the press goes down. 

13 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

You get down to the most dim setting and lose the dot and have to press the button several times to get it to show back up.  It's like there's several levels of brightness that you can't see.  

There are. They’re low-light for use with night vision, I suppose maybe? Adjust it in a black room sometime. 

13 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

My strategy is to have 2 guns set up and have a 3rd dot. Practice with one gun. Shoot the other in matches and have the site dot for when one of the press goes down. 

If you travel to big matches and are in the running to win, that’s the only way to do it. I don’t care what brand of optic you’re using. Even if you were dumb enough to try to win with an RMR. :D 

Switch to a backup gun / dot if needed. Have a spare optic for when either primary optic goes in for warranty.

1 hour ago, ArrDave said:

yeah I have 3 DPPs - 2 are mounted and one waits it's turn in the closet.  I'm hoping the SRO changes this. 

Your more optimistic than me. Seems nothing works well on first roll out.  

I just ordered 2 more DPP's. 

The first gen micro dots cmore sts had same problems as listed above. Had a few at a time to be ready for any eventuality. Made me stay away and returned to cmore sliderides. Open major.

After 10 or more? yrs and several brands, they are still the same. And in minor 9 guns. I say they are going nowhere. 

22 hours ago, ArrDave said:

yeah I have 3 DPPs - 2 are mounted and one waits it's turn in the closet.  I'm hoping the SRO changes this. 

I really hope it changes it too.  My RMR’s are flawless.  But no so gamerish.....

T

7.5 MOA (it had the board replaced prior to being mounted on a G17)

Running

4K plus (minor and sub-minor)

Zev Dragonfly milled for DPP.

Edited by cferree

• 2 weeks later...