Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
ArrDave

Average DPP life on a CZ?

Recommended Posts

I am trying to get some data points on what likely lifespans are for a DPP prior to repair. So what kind of lifespan are you getting:

 

Still going / sent for repair?

Current round count or round count at repair?

Dovetail mount or mill?

If Milled - who milled it?

 

Thanks in advance!

 

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious as well. I just got an awesome deal on one (private sale).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one with 30,000+ , one with 20,000+, one with 5,000+ and one with  1,000. The one with 30,000+ has shared dude on a CZ tactical sport .40 and an Sp01 Shadow. Milled into the slides.  The key when you get a slide milled,  make sure that it is milled with the mounting posts!  Two post minimum, all four posts are best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used my DPP mounted on a CZ Shadowmate using a Henning mount all last year. I put approximately 8-9K rounds through it without issues. I have now taken my DPP off my Shadow and put it on my Shadow 2 OR, still running great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if running a buffer would lengthen the life of the dpp. Like hitting something with a metal vs plastic hammer. Seems like it would take the edge off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CZC multi-sight dovetail adapter on my CZ TS.  Over 8,000 rounds with no problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Mine only lasted for 8 months, i think it broke because the screws came off loose. 

Edited by Joeyxbat
Add more content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first DPP lasted just shy of 18,000 rounds before I sent it in for repairs. It was mounted on a CZ P09 with milled slide. Second DPP is still going strong, not nearly as many rounds as my first one yet.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a conversion yesterday with someone who's apparently friends with one of the main guys in the DP Pro engineering/design. (I know, I know.)

 

ANYWAY, supposedly Leupold has figured out the source of the huge majority of the optic failures and once it's 100% tried and proven, they will begin rolling out DP Pro's with the new update. (I don't believe it will be a new generation or anything, just a silent update on the optics.) If I was following him correctly, it will be some updates that will massively reinforce the battery contact area/circuit board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 3 DPPs. All have been return for repairs. Round count was less than 5000 on 1, around 8000 on the other 2. Both of my CZ Sp-o1s are milled, one has the plate system from CZ Custom, the other was milled by Cajun.

 

Leupold has been great about making the repairs and returning in a timely manner.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PrimaryBruce said:

Had a conversion yesterday with someone who's apparently friends with one of the main guys in the DP Pro engineering/design. (I know, I know.)

 

ANYWAY, supposedly Leupold has figured out the source of the huge majority of the optic failures and once it's 100% tried and proven, they will begin rolling out DP Pro's with the new update. (I don't believe it will be a new generation or anything, just a silent update on the optics.) If I was following him correctly, it will be some updates that will massively reinforce the battery contact area/circuit board. 

Good to know I just picked up a back up.

 

ill be running your shadow 2 slide for double tap championship out in tx 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sent for repair... this week.

2,800 rounds

Milled

Cajun did the milling..

 

Currently on the spare, its got 800 rounds on it, hoping it can make it through my match this weekend that I'm traveling for. If not, I guess to the backup gun... I'm not happy with the DPPs life span. I did look inside, and the tape that holds the contact in place is for sure loose on mine and the battery contact has shifted. They really should solder that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between my two DPPs, they have been back 3 times.  First one lasted over a year, CZC multi-optic cut.  Will see if the DPP on my S2 with CZC plate system lasts longer. 

 

Just had to send my Venom back too, it probably had 6K rounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 2:49 PM, Czgunsalot said:

Good to know I just picked up a back up.

 

ill be running your shadow 2 slide for double tap championship out in tx 

Sounds LIke i"ll be competing with you in CO then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ArrDave said:

Sounds LIke i"ll be competing with you in CO then!

👍 

it’ll be my first CO match.  Stages look pretty good been helping my son with the stage planning. 

 

What  gun will you be running?

Edited by Czgunsalot
Grammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Czgunsalot said:

👍 

it’ll be my first CO match.  Stages look pretty good been helping my son with the stage planning. 

 

What  gun will you be running?

I compete with GLocks - so a 34g5.  I ended up dabbling into CO the cheap way with a 17g4MOS - when I realized I liked the division I just stuck with the platform.    I made this thread because a fellow CO guy postulated that the steel frames are harder on optics than plastic ones - so I asked the same question on this subforum and the glock one - so far the CZ has the highest round count optics going.   It seems so far if your DPP is going to fail - it will fail between about 3k and 8k rounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArrDave said:

I compete with GLocks - so a 34g5.  I ended up dabbling into CO the cheap way with a 17g4MOS - when I realized I liked the division I just stuck with the platform.    I made this thread because a fellow CO guy postulated that the steel frames are harder on optics than plastic ones - so I asked the same question on this subforum and the glock one - so far the CZ has the highest round count optics going.   It seems so far if your DPP is going to fail - it will fail between about 3k and 8k rounds

Humblemarksman?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Czgunsalot said:

Humblemarksman?

 

Yup - my BENOS handle is older than my YT handle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ArrDave said:

Yup - my BENOS handle is older than my YT handle. 

Gotcha,  I’ll see you this weekend,

we met at Collin county my son and I just moved from vegas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Czgunsalot said:

Gotcha,  I’ll see you this weekend,

we met at Collin county my son and I just moved from vegas

I remember you!   Very cool.  Double Tap looks like a fun match - lets hope the rain holds off because currently we'll be swimming the stages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ArrDave said:

I remember you!   Very cool.  Double Tap looks like a fun match - lets hope the rain holds off because currently we'll be swimming the stages.

Yeah, I’ve been checking hoping that it’ll dissipate and we’ll have a sunny day.  

Anything you recommend bringing out of the norm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Czgunsalot said:

Yeah, I’ve been checking hoping that it’ll dissipate and we’ll have a sunny day.  

Anything you recommend bringing out of the norm. 

A complete change of clothes to put on after the shooting is done - rain jacket, golf umbrella, shower cap to put over your gun, golf towels to wipe off mag bodies, mag brush to clean out mags - some extra mags in case your mag goes Sword in the Stone upon being dropped and you're not convinced it's going to run.  A trash bag to keep your bag in while you're shooting - though they have those covered shelters that should keep our gear pretty dry.  A trash bag to put all your wet clothes in for the ride home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ArrDave said:

A complete change of clothes to put on after the shooting is done - rain jacket, golf umbrella, shower cap to put over your gun, golf towels to wipe off mag bodies, mag brush to clean out mags - some extra mags in case your mag goes Sword in the Stone upon being dropped and you're not convinced it's going to run.  A trash bag to keep your bag in while you're shooting - though they have those covered shelters that should keep our gear pretty dry.  A trash bag to put all your wet clothes in for the ride home.

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 2 DPP

first picture. 

- I got it for a steal. Rd count unknown

-cosmetically looks it been beat up.

-circuit board and the clear tape/film is in really good condition.

 

2nd picture

-I got off the classifieds here

-supposedly been rebuilt by luepold

-outside looks in great condition.

-inside not so much tape/film look like there are slits,  some tape missing.

 

any thoughts?

65CDB5A2-EE61-46C6-8113-B239FD99EDC6.jpeg

FB7A3B15-501A-4637-B7E4-18BA7813348F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...