Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hammer locked back

drtbelt

My CZ 75 SP01 Safety has a CGW  upgrade working well over 800 rounds thru it yesterday. I was dry firing and the hammer locked back.  Pull the trigger and nothing, hammer doesn't move.  Trigger has tension.  Trigger spring good, sear cage spring is working admin place.  Took sear cage out, hammer releases.  Rebuild, sock hammer and lock. Any ideas?

It sounds like the sear is not lifting up high enough to clear the hammer hooks. I would check the over travel set scerw in the triggers face. Pull the trigger all the way back in Single Action and closely inspect the sear and hammer hook clearance. If you do not have proper clearance back out the over travel set screw until you do and locktight the scerw. 

If the above is not the case it is possible the one of the hammer pins is walking out. I would check the hammer/disco and hammer/hammer strut pins to see if they are loose.

Edited by Tok36

19 hours ago, Tok36 said:

It sounds like the sear is not lifting up high enough to clear the hammer hooks. I would check the over travel set scerw in the triggers face. Pull the trigger all the way back in Single Action and closely inspect the sear and hammer hook clearance. If you do not have proper clearance back out the over travel set screw until you do and locktight the scerw. 

If the above is not the case it is possible the one of the hammer pins is walking out. I would check the hammer/disco and hammer/hammer strut pins to see if they are loose.

Like he said check the overtravel screw. Theres a chance it moved while dry firing. Hold the trigger down and losen the screw at the same time and it should drop. If thats the issue make sure to loctite the screw in the appropriate place. 

Also like i said above, ive had the same issue with the hammer pin. CGW recommended if that keeps happening to go back to the factory pin, which i did and worked fine.