Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMC AR-9 Trigger Experience

I am looking to purchase a CMC AR-9 TRigger. I have played with one at a match but the trigger had not seen that many rounds yet. I wanted to know if anyone has shot 2k plus rounds using one yet to verify the durability/reliability that I have gotten out the AR15 drop in triggers? Any experiences you would like to share would be appreciated.

We are running a 3.5 flat one with a standard NFA BCG with about 3K rounds with absolutely no issues in one PCC. I am running the CMC standard flat 3.5 AR trigger in my PCC with Taccom Extreme BCG with 20-30K or so with no problems.

I did break a wire spring on one of my standard 3.5 AR triggers after maybe 30K rounds and they have a lifetime warranty, replaced it right away. CS was great. They told me about the warranty I didn't know.

We run CMC triggers in all 3 of our 3-gun rifles, too with many thousands of rounds with no problems. 

gerritm

I currently run standard cmc triggers in my ARs but I’ve seen posts in this forum of people having issues running them on their PCC which is why I was going to buy the designated PCC trigger. Thanks for the response everyone. Hopefully they go on sale again soon!

16 hours ago, greatlakes08 said:

I currently run standard cmc triggers in my ARs but I’ve seen posts in this forum of people having issues running them on their PCC which is why I was going to buy the designated PCC trigger. Thanks for the response everyone. Hopefully they go on sale again soon!

The standard CMC AR trigger does not work with all BCG's. Depends on the cut. They work with the Taccom Extreme, but I have tried it with my Spinta & NFA BCG and they don't work. The CMC 9mm trigger has worked with all my BCG's.

gerritm

I have about 3k rounds on mine.  I had the occasional failure to reset, then of course when I let a visiting GM use my gun for our State Match then it completely fails to reset because of gunk in the disconnector spring.  I may move on from this and back to either the JP EZ kit, or the drop in JP cartridge trigger. 

• 7 months later...
On 5/1/2019 at 9:18 PM, Xfive said:

I've been running the CMC 9mm trigger in my fx9 and have 4K on it with no issues. 

I have an FX9 as well and have run this trigger in numerous matches - at least 2k rounds through it and probabaly more. Has run reliably thus far with no malfunctions or issues of note.

On 1/1/2020 at 11:35 PM, usmc1094 said:

Joeboboutfitters.com has them on sale for $139.99.  The flat face trigger is out of stock but they have the curved one.

Primary arms also had them for $139 and I must have gotten one of the last as they too are out of stock... link for checking if they are back yet... https://www.primaryarms.com/CMC-AR-9-Drop-In-Single-Stage-3.5lb-Flat-Trigger-9mm-Mil-Spec-.154in

• 1 year later...

This is my first question in this forum. I'm relatively new to the gun world and trying to learn. I have an AR-9 and I added a drop-in Rise Armament RA-535 Trigger. I've heard a few comments about issues with drop-in triggers in AR9s. I've had none so far. Are these comments reliable or just a bunch of hooey?

• 5 weeks later...

I bought one when they first came out.  Worked great for the first 2-3k rounds.  Then I started getting failures to reset which got worse when I switched to the Blitzkreig buffer.  Spraying Brakekleen in it after every match seemed to help, but if I don't do that then the failures to reset will happen.  Trigger was just sent back to CMC today so we'll see what they find.  Loads used are 135-137pf with 115 grain bullets.

• 1 year later...