Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

929 Lite Strikes

narleyskier

If it's still sporting the action from the factory, it should light anything (although I don't have personal experience with Aguilas). Once they've had an action job, well-seated Federals are the way to go. Have you checked the spring strain screw to see if it's worked out?

If it's still sporting the action from the factory, it should light anything (although I don't have personal experience with Aguilas). Once they've had an action job, well-seated Federals are the way to go. Have you checked the spring strain screw to see if it's worked out?

Same feeling as Mcfoto. If it’s factory it should set off a Grenade launcher . Heavy trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it hasn't had a trigger job then double check the strain screw to make sure its tight, you can also check the firing pin length, I have heard of a few getting out of the factory with especially short pins that did not work well. I don't remember the length you are looking for but I know its in one of the threads here.

I belie the majority are using #100, I have run some #100 GM but that's only because I was getting low and they were available. I have not personally tried the #200 but have seen different reports on their hardness vs #100 

I try to keep about a years worth of #100 on hand so I don't have to panic too much about running out.

Remember the Magnum Primers are expected to handle Magnum Pressures.  FWIW I tried some 200's in my 627 with magnum loads and had no problems with the light action, but I only ran a few hundred through.  My actions are set at 5 1/2 lbs.

I had the same issues with my 986.   Ended up buying the TK Custom Firing pin & light spring.   This combination didn't work either!   I then started trying combinations of things and now have it bullet proof.   The factory firing pin & TK spring worked.   Both the stock S&W & TK custom firing pins were the same length, but the S&W one is lightened.   The inside of the gun was also full of burrs, but the spring is what did the trick.    Good luck.   

I was shooting with a friend yesterday who has a stock 929, it was failing to set off Factory Winchester ammo, a quick check of the strain screw indicated it had unscrewed about one full turn, I have noticed several similar instances and all with the "New" ribbed main spring, I have not noticed this on a gun with the flat mainspring.