Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

? Extended base pads for 226

jcc7x7

Wife won't give up her 226!

Looking for 3-5 round extension that fit 226 mags.

Been told CZ'a for but looking for some verification.

need a couple for carry optics

thanks for the help.

When I shot a 226, I used Henning and Springer CZ basepads (production). They fit the Mecgar 18 round mags fine. Other brand or capacity mags did not work with those basepads though. That or get the 20 round mags for the 226 tacops, those work fine in my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Springer Precision base pads on my MecGar 18's. Raises the count to 21. If you use the Grams followers I think you can get to 22.

I also have the Apex Tactical extended basepads that say they're for 40 S&W but fit my MecGar 9mm just fine. Ups the capacity to 23 from 18. But it doesn't fit the 140mm USPSA gauge which sucks.

For the Sig 226 mags, those Apex basepads work and up the capacity from 15 to 20. Armory Craft also has basepads for the Sig mags. But they're only a plus 2.

I shot production with my 226s. I used Shockbottle Beretta pads on my 15 round MecGar magazines from the Stoeger pro shop.

SIG 226, CZ75 and Beretta magazines all use a body that is basically the same shape with different notches for the mag catch. The major differences are the length of the mag body, my 15 rounders didn't stick out of the gun much and I couldn't use some of the base pads for the 17 round mags.

If you search midway there are apex tactical basepads which say they are for a .40 p226 but also work with 9.  With a mecgar body (about 2 mm longer than a normal sig factory mag) and springer flat follower I can get a reliable 23 rds.

13 hours ago, forkliftHIFI said:

If you search midway there are apex tactical basepads which say they are for a .40 p226 but also work with 9.  With a mecgar body (about 2 mm longer than a normal sig factory mag) and springer flat follower I can get a reliable 23 rds.

Yes, I found them before and as stated before they're too long to fit into the 140mm mag gauge to meet USPSA Limited Division specs. I love I can get 23 in them, but I need to still follow the rules in USPSA. 😞

5 hours ago, streckjc said:

Yes, I found them before and as stated before they're too long to fit into the 140mm mag gauge to meet USPSA Limited Division specs. I love I can get 23 in them, but I need to still follow the rules in USPSA. 😞

On a normal OEM 15 rd tube they should be 140 mm.  The grams follower and 11 coil spring should get you an extra round, maybe 2 if you clip it.  https://shop.springerprecision.com/CZ75-Follower-Kit-Grams-Engineering-CZ75Grams.htm

• 9 months later...