Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P80 To Release Production Gun

Michael303

47 minutes ago, Gary1911A1 said:

I was wondering when someone was going to start to offer a completed pistol like the Glock as I'm sure the pattens have expired. I wonder what the prices will be?

They'll have to be awfully damn competitive to make someone not just buy...an actual Glock that is already only ~$500 and can be found in literally ever LGS in America (so not rare or hard to find). lol

56 minutes ago, Gary1911A1 said:

I was wondering when someone was going to start to offer a completed pistol like the Glock as I'm sure the pattens have expired. I wonder what the prices will be?

ZEV already has theirs on the Production list!

(And to be honest I like ergos a lot more than the P80s although I don’t own any Glock or Glock-based guns.)

From the USPSA site:

Notes: ZEV O.Z-9 Approved for Carry Optics only  (3/4/19) 
ZEV O.Z-9 Approved for Production, no mag well (4/17/19)
Edited by MemphisMechanic

20 hours ago, PrimaryBruce said:

They'll have to be awfully damn competitive to make someone not just buy...an actual Glock that is already only ~$500 and can be found in literally ever LGS in America (so not rare or hard to find). lol

That's true.  They're never going to hit Glock sales volumes but I'm guessing they only have to do a small fraction for them to consider it a successful venture.  I was very interested in a P80 but had pretty much written it off since I couldn't shoot it in Production or CO.  If it was legal in Production or CO I would have built one already.

20 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

(And to be honest I like ergos a lot more than the P80s although I don’t own any Glock or Glock-based guns.)

The Zev Glock is pretty cool but personally, I'd choose to build a P80 over buying a Zev.  That's just me though. 

If and when the P80 becomes legal for Production and CO that opens those classes to a lot more shooters than the Zev.

There is also the ZRODelta Modulus. Similar to the OZ9, but aluminum frame instead of steel and aluminum grip instead of polymer. They don't seem to have the marketing behind them that Zev has, but they look good. Would be cool to compare the OZ9 and the Modulus.

https://zrodelta.com/firearmsv1/handguns/

https://www.buyzrodelta.com/category-s/170.htm

Both are supposed to have grip angles more like the 1911 and much larger frame rails for better engagement.

Edited by avastcosmicarena

On 4/29/2019 at 2:39 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

From the USPSA site:

Notes: ZEV O.Z-9 Approved for Carry Optics only  (3/4/19) 
ZEV O.Z-9 Approved for Production, no mag well (4/17/19)

Do you own one? Could you make a video on it?