Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MOS Plate torque

nick779

46 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Don't the instructions say hand tight?  

If you have new screws, they come with loctite on them. If I was re-installing a dot, I'd clean the old ones and use blue. 

It does in fact say had tight, I didnt realize there was a booklet under the mos plates. 

Still though, hand tight means different things to different people. Im going to guess at 10-15 inch pounds I guess.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else have issues with the factory thread locker?  My plate came loose this weekend and it didn't appear to bond to the slide very well despite me degreasing it before installation.   I thought maybe I missed some so after cleaning it up I used a second set from a new package to give it another try.  If they back out a second time I'll try Loctite 242.

2 hours ago, NWfront said:

Anyone else have issues with the factory thread locker?  My plate came loose this weekend and it didn't appear to bond to the slide very well despite me degreasing it before installation.   I thought maybe I missed some so after cleaning it up I used a second set from a new package to give it another try.  If they back out a second time I'll try Loctite 242.

I've had 4 MOS Glocks. I've only had one work lose. 

I didn't degrease any before installing. Just used the factory loctite. I suspect I didn't torque it down enough. Always worried about over torque when something calls for "hand tight".

I've reinstalled it and have about 600 rnds on it now. I did degrease and reapplied loctite. 

Edited by B_RAD