Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Large frame 23-round basepad, spring and follower

Dazhi

18 minutes ago, CarlB86 said:

rQM6ZEAVtwZ18JnQtmU-z9XBgkgRcFJIVHwMd4FlD7qOyDjDBL-o58bqpjiNChIt9DE0ixYq30K2nTsinRrhvfQPkGZ_vcF712035CYroBYgrxCubcDcGeTbRIUe47sZG9BBCEwvG_8vAlnR6KPnasxxXwApFjW71UrqR3BEPqD5O5AJ-QNFVIeUwRUU5PLNYqtvwOE9oLFeKTEAPSEGwAa0ZJwGmdVo5ST4GJCc5qJA9qzcUfiyXt1NUHXDyYquBiBzydZYT-_D83ywE1IuRfZMQXHM7SprvLyThlPwXOTAEIeG6pmPugE1CbX3XDwOaWvEoWVUwqOwGBlyYvpvUzbiSHugewUtGnUBc6E46TSWf6yQcePGAugODEjPew8smnZTBIy9uUbLqWChbYobWshXyOPX_kEelcrh5EBbU94uccEvsnvUTrY6FFIfT5RO-oZAMer8wijcsIcJcsv1EPlwjKTr6S3KcfBKzcwCf9LyChzk5TItaP2aVODfIoUKOXIBeUxfKjGB9SpcU0sJ8N9nd-wPQy4BpK7RU2fMP0xdxeJFxGNI3Yrb2o1QP0TF0H-UEqg5ZsDFgfy1i-0E3wm4Euvj85aQ-ckGmZ-5LApWJgbGF53KYX7OdT3tkfaPZGvo0sfb_ikI2A-gJ2_NcMfTtZI1ARlv=w760-h1014-no

This is what I did on mine with a sanding wheel on a dremel. Fixed the issue.

Thank you!!!  I was having a lot of trouble picturing that, but seeing the picture now that makes perfect sense.

I have been trying to figure out exactly where this is catching.   I think if I had a dental mirror, I could tell for sure, but I don’t have access to one.  When I run something like an Allen wrench, I feel it catching on the interstate.  Is it catching on the bottom of the mag tube (ie the mag tube’s diameter is smaller than the basepad). The only other way I could see it happening was if the mag tube’s diameter was larger than the basepad, but this seems less likely to me).  Am I wrong?

Also is anyone else now not able to see picture provided by CarlB86?

• 1 year later...

I’ve been fighting with my grams and basepad for a while. 20, maybe 21 if I really fight to get it in. Since removing some material and polishing the bottom like the photo shows and clipping 1.5 coils I can get 23 in plus a Barney round. Question is, just how long will the spring last? Don’t know. Time will tell.