Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
apetrulis01

X5 vs Glock 34

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

My buddy has a heavy frame .40 limited division p320 with an absolutely incredible trigger, far better than the best glock triggers I have felt. I would be faster on the trigger with that p320 than with any similarly built glock. And it soaks up recoil almost as well as my CZ TS. If you must shoot plastic, I dont know of a better option. Then again, if your glock runs, the grip angle is awesome for recoil control and it's cheap. If I were spending the money, I'd upgrade to a steel CZ. I'm not a fan of 2011s, mainly because the expense doesn't justify the gain, if there is one, over a CZ.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
 

 

Details on the heavy frame?

 

I'm in the very beginning stages of a limited build, which I decided to do not specifically because of any superlatives, but mostly because I wanted to stay within the P320 platform to not have to keep learning new manuals of arms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure it's the SSI tungsten x5 grip, with a lead filled light body on the rail.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, be032 said:

 

Details on the heavy frame?

 

I'm in the very beginning stages of a limited build, which I decided to do not specifically because of any superlatives, but mostly because I wanted to stay within the P320 platform to not have to keep learning new manuals of arms.

SSI tungsten grip with tungsten weight, springer tungsten guide rod, 13 lb 1911 recoil spring, broken TLR-1 with brass rods that are the same size as cr123s. I haven’t weighed it yet but it is at least as heavy as a full dust cover plastic grip 2011. Probably heavier. I’m running the Dawson sights. Obsessive shooter and I were testing muzzle rise with slow mo and the  CZ TS was slightly less muzzle rise. 

 

I had two 2011s and sold them to stick with the 320 platform because that’s what I use for work. I don’t feel I’ve left anything on the table by switching. 

 

As as far as Glock 34 vs X5, I feel it’s all comes down to personal preference and what accessories either offer. I’ve shot a lot Glocks and think the Glock vs 320 is preference. With enough practice anyone can get used to any platform. Just stick with one platform and buy more bullets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2019 at 8:47 PM, Manwithnoname said:

SSI tungsten grip with tungsten weight, springer tungsten guide rod, 13 lb 1911 recoil spring, broken TLR-1 with brass rods that are the same size as cr123s. I haven’t weighed it yet but it is at least as heavy as a full dust cover plastic grip 2011. Probably heavier. I’m running the Dawson sights. Obsessive shooter and I were testing muzzle rise with slow mo and the  CZ TS was slightly less muzzle rise. 

 

I had two 2011s and sold them to stick with the 320 platform because that’s what I use for work. I don’t feel I’ve left anything on the table by switching. 

 

As as far as Glock 34 vs X5, I feel it’s all comes down to personal preference and what accessories either offer. I’ve shot a lot Glocks and think the Glock vs 320 is preference. With enough practice anyone can get used to any platform. Just stick with one platform and buy more bullets. 

 

Nice, I think that's where I was, except skipping the SSI grip ($250 for 3 oz!), and getting tungsten rods instead of brass.

 

Who made your holster? I have the Blackhawk Omnivore that's the universal TLR-1 fit, but it has a little more friction than I would like.

Edited by be032

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, be032 said:

 

Nice, I think that's where I was, except skipping the SSI grip ($250 for 3 oz!), and getting tungsten rods instead of brass.

 

Who made your holster? I have the Blackhawk Omnivore that's the universal TLR-1 fit, but it has a little more friction than I would like.

I played with different weights and found the brass rods balanced best for me. I used AR buffet weights and had a friend pour lead around them. It was HEAVY. It’s was great for shooting single rounds. Once you got 2-3 rounds quickly, it was hard to control the muzzle from moving up and down. 

 

RHT made my holster. There is ZERO retention so I’m thinking about putting some strap or something on it to prevent it from coming out while resetting a stage.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, be032 said:

 

Nice, I think that's where I was, except skipping the SSI grip ($250 for 3 oz!), and getting tungsten rods instead of brass.

 

Who made your holster? I have the Blackhawk Omnivore that's the universal TLR-1 fit, but it has a little more friction than I would like.

Armor all the inside of your holster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own and shoot both of these guns.  Both of my guns are modified.  I'm not a competitor, just a weekend weenie.  I have smaller hands.  In current configuration, I prefer my Glock 34 as it fits my hand size better.  From an accuracy standpoint it is a coin flip.  If Sig would come out with the smaller grip module for the X5 as they have been promising for the past few years, my opinion might change.  The Sig is easier to clean due to the removable "chassis".  In my opinion, if your gun fits you well, you will shoot it well.  Get the gun that fits you and practice with it, and you'll do well instead of jumping from platform to platform.  Good luck with your decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SInce this post came out originally I have switched departments and found myself having to go back to Glocks for work. Being a guy who doesn’t like switching platforms between work and sport, I bought a Gen 5 Glock 34 MOS to shoot in USPSA. I love my P320s, but I have to tell you guys, I shoot the Gen 5 34 better. I made GM in Production with a Gen 3 34, and shooting the Gen 5 is like coming back home, but better. I think Glock definitely did some things right with the Gen 5. All that said though, I still dig my Sigs, and wouldn’t hesitate recommending them to someone looking for a pistol.....but dang are those Gen 5s good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 12:14 AM, BillGarlandJr said:

SInce this post came out originally I have switched departments and found myself having to go back to Glocks for work. Being a guy who doesn’t like switching platforms between work and sport, I bought a Gen 5 Glock 34 MOS to shoot in USPSA. I love my P320s, but I have to tell you guys, I shoot the Gen 5 34 better. I made GM in Production with a Gen 3 34, and shooting the Gen 5 is like coming back home, but better. I think Glock definitely did some things right with the Gen 5. All that said though, I still dig my Sigs, and wouldn’t hesitate recommending them to someone looking for a pistol.....but dang are those Gen 5s good.

What’s so good about the gen 5? I haven’t shot a Glock in a while but I feel like a glocks a Glock 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Shmella said:

What’s so good about the gen 5? I haven’t shot a Glock in a while but I feel like a glocks a Glock 

Trigger wall is different, flared magwell, different barrel, no window cut in the top of the 34 slide, and probably some other things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely 320 x5 over g34

long time  Glock fan but x5 just feels damn good in the hand 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...